Dry Storage Qustion

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jul 26th, '13, 00:59

Dry Storage Qustion

by AllanK » Jul 26th, '13, 00:59

As far as dry storage is concerned I have heard several theories. I have been told the best way to store Puerh (Not counting a pumidor) is in a paper bag with an partially open plastic bag over it. Is this way a good storage method? Would this lead to mold? I purchased an incredible Yixing container but that only holds about one fifth of my puerh collection.

I have also seen something about people who store their Puerh in sealed rubbermaid containers, but I thought there was not enough airflow with one of these? Is a rubbermaid container a useful storage media? I have been using cardboard boxes and Ikea wicker boxes for the Puerh that does not fit in the Yixing container.

Jul 26th, '13, 01:03

Re: Dry Storage Qustion

by Exempt » Jul 26th, '13, 01:03

Search is your friend. There are probably 10-20 threads full of useful information on puerh storage. Also look at TIM's refined storage blog post, listening to leaves pumidor blog posts, Cloud's storage instruction. I'm sure there are others but these were the things most useful to me

Jul 26th, '13, 01:05

Re: Dry Storage Qustion

by Exempt » Jul 26th, '13, 01:05

Also this is basically the same as your last 2 threads on storage, overposting usually leads to less information than 1 long discussion

+ Post Reply