User avatar
Jan 2nd, '14, 15:22
Posts: 5932
Joined: Jan 10th, '10
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact: debunix

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by debunix » Jan 2nd, '14, 15:22

Dramatic! It's a gorgeous contrast to the tea. Where's it from?

User avatar
Jan 2nd, '14, 15:22
Posts: 87
Joined: Aug 20th, '13
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Maryland

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by ShawnP » Jan 2nd, '14, 15:22

Senchamatcha wrote:
ShawnP wrote: Another Ralph Nuara piece off his Etsy site.

Is it a nodate chawan?



It just looks that way in the pics, it's actually 5" wide.

Shawn

Jan 2nd, '14, 16:15
Posts: 76
Joined: Dec 30th, '12

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by Senchamatcha » Jan 2nd, '14, 16:15

ShawnP wrote:, it's actually 5" wide.

:shock: It's so hard to judge sizes on the internet. And I have really small hands (or everyone else just has realllllly huge hands?). My chawan is "4.7 inches wide x 3.14 inches high" according to o-cha, and I feel like it is huge.

User avatar
Jan 2nd, '14, 18:00
Posts: 87
Joined: Aug 20th, '13
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Maryland

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by ShawnP » Jan 2nd, '14, 18:00

Senchamatcha wrote:
ShawnP wrote:, it's actually 5" wide.

:shock: It's so hard to judge sizes on the internet. And I have really small hands (or everyone else just has realllllly huge hands?). My chawan is "4.7 inches wide x 3.14 inches high" according to o-cha, and I feel like it is huge.


LOL I have really large hands, XL gloves are tight.

Shawn

User avatar
Jan 3rd, '14, 03:13
Posts: 1747
Joined: May 22nd, '09
Location: Northern California

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by Seeker » Jan 3rd, '14, 03:13

ShawnP wrote:OOOOOHHHHHH I need more pics of that Seeker. WOW
Shawn

Thanks!
Will share more soon.

User avatar
Jan 3rd, '14, 03:16
Posts: 1747
Joined: May 22nd, '09
Location: Northern California

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by Seeker » Jan 3rd, '14, 03:16

debunix wrote:Dramatic! It's a gorgeous contrast to the tea. Where's it from?

Thx D.
It's by Ben Cirgin. He's on Etsy.

User avatar
Jan 3rd, '14, 08:25
Posts: 87
Joined: Aug 20th, '13
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Maryland

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by ShawnP » Jan 3rd, '14, 08:25

Seeker wrote:
debunix wrote:Dramatic! It's a gorgeous contrast to the tea. Where's it from?

Thx D.
It's by Ben Cirgin. He's on Etsy.



Damn Seeker you must be hawking his page I never saw that one even get put up on his page. LMAO


Shawn

User avatar
Jan 3rd, '14, 14:55
Posts: 1747
Joined: May 22nd, '09
Location: Northern California

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by Seeker » Jan 3rd, '14, 14:55

ShawnP wrote:Damn Seeker you must be hawking his page I never saw that one even get put up on his page. LMAO
Shawn


:oops:
yeah - I went a little crazy and picked up several pieces from him - great pricing! Totally affordable. My wife picked up this 'black and white' chawan for me for Christmas.
Here's those additional pics for you…
IMG_0868rsz.jpg
IMG_0868rsz.jpg (37.09 KiB) Viewed 1319 times

IMG_0869rsz.jpg
IMG_0869rsz.jpg (37.81 KiB) Viewed 1319 times

koudai-
IMG_1917rsz.jpg
IMG_1917rsz.jpg (26.63 KiB) Viewed 1319 times

User avatar
Jan 3rd, '14, 15:28
Posts: 87
Joined: Aug 20th, '13
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Maryland

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by ShawnP » Jan 3rd, '14, 15:28

Seeker wrote:
ShawnP wrote:Damn Seeker you must be hawking his page I never saw that one even get put up on his page. LMAO
Shawn


:oops:
yeah - I went a little crazy and picked up several pieces from him - great pricing! Totally affordable. My wife picked up this 'black and white' chawan for me for Christmas.
Here's those additional pics for you…
IMG_0868rsz.jpg

IMG_0869rsz.jpg

koudai-
IMG_1917rsz.jpg


Damn I really really like that one. Hope he makes another.

Grats brother.

Shawn

User avatar
Jan 4th, '14, 19:50
Posts: 87
Joined: Aug 20th, '13
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Maryland

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by ShawnP » Jan 4th, '14, 19:50

ShawnP wrote:
Seeker wrote:
ShawnP wrote:Damn Seeker you must be hawking his page I never saw that one even get put up on his page. LMAO
Shawn


:oops:
yeah - I went a little crazy and picked up several pieces from him - great pricing! Totally affordable. My wife picked up this 'black and white' chawan for me for Christmas.
Here's those additional pics for you…
IMG_0868rsz.jpg

IMG_0869rsz.jpg

koudai-
IMG_1917rsz.jpg


Damn I really really like that one. Hope he makes another.

Grats brother.

Shawn



Sorry seeker but I spoke with Ben and I may be the 2nd proud owner of a black & white Chawn. Sorry couldn't help it. It's so wonderful.

Shawn

User avatar
Jan 5th, '14, 02:03
Posts: 1747
Joined: May 22nd, '09
Location: Northern California

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by Seeker » Jan 5th, '14, 02:03

ShawnP wrote:Sorry seeker but I spoke with Ben and I may be the 2nd proud owner of a black & white Chawn. Sorry couldn't help it. It's so wonderful.
Shawn


No problem whatsoever!
I appreciate you following your passion and desire.
I look forward to seeing it. :mrgreen:
May the one he creates for you inspire even greater joy than the one I got.

User avatar
Jan 5th, '14, 08:43
Posts: 87
Joined: Aug 20th, '13
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Maryland

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by ShawnP » Jan 5th, '14, 08:43

Seeker wrote:
ShawnP wrote:Sorry seeker but I spoke with Ben and I may be the 2nd proud owner of a black & white Chawn. Sorry couldn't help it. It's so wonderful.
Shawn


No problem whatsoever!
I appreciate you following your passion and desire.
I look forward to seeing it. :mrgreen:
May the one he creates for you inspire even greater joy than the one I got.


He actually has 1 more, just not on his site. He is sending me pics either Monday or Tuesday so I can decide.

I will post up here of course if I do pick it up.

Shawn

Jan 11th, '14, 14:42
Posts: 76
Joined: Dec 30th, '12

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by Senchamatcha » Jan 11th, '14, 14:42

I purchased this lovely blue chawan from naivemonarch, and it finally made it through customs and the terrible winterstorm(s) in NY.
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1545744_633356529178_1815220242_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/q82/s720x720/1525759_633356693848_493853661_n.jpg In normal lighting it looks black inside but in sunlight its more of a dark brown/black.
https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/q74/s720x720/1527027_633356768698_707303630_n.jpg I love that some of the white specks are streaky. It almost looks like a blue/white hares fur. :wink:

This is going to be my spare/guest Chawan. I've wanted to share matcha with friends but I don't know how they will feel, germ wise, about sharing teaware. With my guest chawan we can both drink matcha and keep out germs to ourselves :3
Last edited by Senchamatcha on Jan 11th, '14, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jan 11th, '14, 18:52
Posts: 1747
Joined: May 22nd, '09
Location: Northern California

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by Seeker » Jan 11th, '14, 18:52

Oooo - that's a pretty one.
How big is it? For some reason it looks nodate to me.
Thanks for sharing!

User avatar
Jan 11th, '14, 19:09
Posts: 5932
Joined: Jan 10th, '10
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact: debunix

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by debunix » Jan 11th, '14, 19:09

Beautiful. The variegation of the blue glaze is gorgeous--is it Nuka?

+ Post Reply