User avatar
Jul 23rd, '14, 23:10
Posts: 1748
Joined: Jul 8th, '09, 23:39
Location: Maui

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by tingjunkie » Jul 23rd, '14, 23:10

Teaism wrote:Well, to answer to your question, those pots used to goes around at US$10 and you sometime get it free when you buy tea. And now, I don't think anyone will let go even it is if a few dozen times that price.
Of course. Yixing teapots, Star Wars toys, and Apple stock. If we only had a time machine... Congrats on the buried treasure! Enjoy. :D

User avatar
Jul 23rd, '14, 23:21
Posts: 720
Joined: Jan 5th, '13, 09:10

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by Teaism » Jul 23rd, '14, 23:21

tingjunkie wrote:
Teaism wrote:Well, to answer to your question, those pots used to goes around at US$10 and you sometime get it free when you buy tea. And now, I don't think anyone will let go even it is if a few dozen times that price.
Of course. Yixing teapots, Star Wars toys, and Apple stock. If we only had a time machine... Congrats on the buried treasure! Enjoy. :D
Cheers! :D

User avatar
Jul 23rd, '14, 23:32
Posts: 1670
Joined: Sep 2nd, '13, 03:22
Location: in your tea closet
Contact: kyarazen

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by kyarazen » Jul 23rd, '14, 23:32

mganz42 wrote:Ugh, that always happens to me. I never order pots bigger than 120ml but when I get them they always seem to be over 250!
i seldom buy from overseas! but the ridiculousness of local and regional prices required me to cast my interest towards sourcing from further locations.

in this case the seller gave me the diameter of the body than the diameter from handle to spout included :evil: nevertheless i've just received a request from a friend whom's interested in having it if i dont want/like it. guess i'm keeping it and add it to my display shelf

User avatar
Aug 1st, '14, 01:35
Posts: 1670
Joined: Sep 2nd, '13, 03:22
Location: in your tea closet
Contact: kyarazen

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by kyarazen » Aug 1st, '14, 01:35

was found in a "junk" box, uncommon/"strange" clay, queer and not so readable seal. since the pot was intact, and should be able to make tea, picked it up for $40

Image

User avatar
Aug 1st, '14, 02:05
Posts: 1899
Joined: Mar 22nd, '08, 22:26
Location: Shanghai

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by chrl42 » Aug 1st, '14, 02:05

Mo Yuan Zhai Zhi. Late-Qing~the ROC's studio where the destination used to be Japan. I think they replicated the seal since the 90s or so.

About authentication issue...no comment :)

User avatar
Aug 1st, '14, 04:07
Posts: 1670
Joined: Sep 2nd, '13, 03:22
Location: in your tea closet
Contact: kyarazen

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by kyarazen » Aug 1st, '14, 04:07

forged to perfection since the end 80s perhaps. dont think too much on it.

its a $40 piece of junk, not an expensive piece from china or malaysia :lol:
chrl42 wrote:Mo Yuan Zhai Zhi. Late-Qing~the ROC's studio where the destination used to be Japan. I think they replicated the seal since the 90s or so.

About authentication issue...no comment :)

User avatar
Aug 3rd, '14, 12:22
Posts: 91
Joined: Sep 11th, '11, 00:31

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by achyle » Aug 3rd, '14, 12:22

kyarazen wrote:was found in a "junk" box, uncommon/"strange" clay, queer and not so readable seal. since the pot was intact, and should be able to make tea, picked it up for $40

Image

$40, good price, the clay looks very similar to one on sale at hou de :
http://www.houdeasianart.com/index.php? ... ts_id=1427

kyarazen, can you show us more pictures ?

User avatar
Aug 3rd, '14, 21:19
Posts: 1899
Joined: Mar 22nd, '08, 22:26
Location: Shanghai

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by chrl42 » Aug 3rd, '14, 21:19

achyle wrote:
kyarazen wrote:was found in a "junk" box, uncommon/"strange" clay, queer and not so readable seal. since the pot was intact, and should be able to make tea, picked it up for $40



$40, good price, the clay looks very similar to one on sale at hou de :
http://www.houdeasianart.com/index.php? ... ts_id=1427

kyarazen, can you show us more pictures ?
That's 尚古堂,

no one knows the exact date of Shang Gu Tang. Some says after 90s, some says as late as Daoguang period.

It's not 'recorded' seal or studio like Mo Yuan Zhai...from looking of some Shang Gu Tang pots...it traces quite like Qianlong period fashion..or the imitations of it.

User avatar
Aug 4th, '14, 23:19
Posts: 1670
Joined: Sep 2nd, '13, 03:22
Location: in your tea closet
Contact: kyarazen

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by kyarazen » Aug 4th, '14, 23:19

achyle wrote:
$40, good price, the clay looks very similar to one on sale at hou de :
http://www.houdeasianart.com/index.php? ... ts_id=1427

kyarazen, can you show us more pictures ?
different! will pm you later.

i have a large pot of similar clay to that of the one on houde, a blend of 3 clay types, made in the 90s perhaps.
this small pot's clay and texture is way different :P

Aug 5th, '14, 12:49
Posts: 226
Joined: Aug 26th, '13, 18:29

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by wert » Aug 5th, '14, 12:49

kyarazen wrote: Image
For comparsion.
eg2.jpg
eg2.jpg (44.44 KiB) Viewed 1906 times

User avatar
Aug 6th, '14, 04:43
Posts: 1670
Joined: Sep 2nd, '13, 03:22
Location: in your tea closet
Contact: kyarazen

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by kyarazen » Aug 6th, '14, 04:43

wert wrote: For comparsion.
eg2.jpg
wah.. you have one too?

this picture looks familiar, saw several similar pieces on dyee before.. some of them get loads of praises, some of them are said by a member or two to be fake.. such an intriguing yixing world :lol:

User avatar
Aug 7th, '14, 08:31
Posts: 91
Joined: Sep 11th, '11, 00:31

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by achyle » Aug 7th, '14, 08:31

kyarazen wrote:
achyle wrote:
$40, good price, the clay looks very similar to one on sale at hou de :
http://www.houdeasianart.com/index.php? ... ts_id=1427

kyarazen, can you show us more pictures ?
different! will pm you later.

i have a large pot of similar clay to that of the one on houde, a blend of 3 clay types, made in the 90s perhaps.
this small pot's clay and texture is way different :P
so many stuff to learn on Yixing clays but I love it :D

User avatar
Aug 8th, '14, 14:22
Posts: 105
Joined: Aug 27th, '11, 07:44
Location: Malmö

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by Math » Aug 8th, '14, 14:22

achyle when can we see your current collection? Your pots are always nice :)

User avatar
Aug 8th, '14, 16:19
Posts: 91
Joined: Sep 11th, '11, 00:31

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by achyle » Aug 8th, '14, 16:19

Math wrote:achyle when can we see your current collection? Your pots are always nice :)
Thanks, but I'm reducing my collection drastically, it's so addictive that I was close to 40 pots and if nothing stops me it would be 100 in 2 years, no way.
I'm so deep into the TAD :twisted: that I have to really restrain myself and have limits so I said to myself: only zhuni pre 60's, it's so hard to find these days that I think 1 or 2 pots per year is reasonable, unless some members PM me and sell me theirs today :mrgreen:

User avatar
Aug 13th, '14, 04:31
Posts: 84
Joined: Apr 12th, '13, 11:34

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by theroots » Aug 13th, '14, 04:31

Hi guys!

I'm here for quite a while but just did a lot of reading so far. Since there are a few experts here I'd like to hear their opinion on this pot. It supposed to be a Factory 1 pot from the early 80's. Any thoughts?
side.jpg
side.jpg (11.38 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
top.jpg
top.jpg (14.78 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
bottom.jpg
bottom.jpg (32.39 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
Image

+ Post Reply