Feb 26th, '15, 11:25

Japanese Teaware

by TimsMom » Feb 26th, '15, 11:25

I just ordered a Tokoname 'swing' teapot. I am new to japanese teaware :-). I've ordered several Japanese teas to experiment. Any tea tips will be welcomed.

Mar 2nd, '15, 09:11

Re: Japanese Teaware

by Nebs » Mar 2nd, '15, 09:11

TimsMom wrote:I just ordered a Tokoname 'swing' teapot. I am new to japanese teaware :-). I've ordered several Japanese teas to experiment. Any tea tips will be welcomed.

Aww yeah, I too got my first kyusu last friday. If you got your 'swing' teapot from o-cha it seems to be unglazed so don't use it with genmaicha or hojicha (or other 'flavoured' teas) since it remembers the flavour and those flavours will be transferred to your next cup(s) of tea.
They are much easier than gaiwan or yixing, so you will be fine. Just follow the instructions on tea packages and it will brew you really good japanese tea.
Also, what tea you ordered. :)

Mar 4th, '15, 05:45

Re: Japanese Teaware

by Noonie » Mar 4th, '15, 05:45

TimsMom wrote:I just ordered a Tokoname 'swing' teapot. I am new to japanese teaware [I never knew they had a screen] :-). I've ordered several Japanese teas to experiment. Any tea tips will be welcomed.
Let me guess, you liked the look of the pot and didn't look into the type of screen :oops: :lol: . Hey, it's your first kyusu so no worries. I'm sure the pot will give you years of great tea. I don't own a teapot with the swing filter, but for future I would recommend that you research the different filter types, see what filter types work best with what tea you drink most often, and after identifying the filter that most suits your needs... pick the pot based on size...oh, then on looks :wink: :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply