Found at Wegman's: Adagio Brand Fruit Sangria!!!!

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Jun 22nd, '06, 20:05

by keelyn » Jun 22nd, '06, 20:05

Marlene,

The tea trade offer is still up...lemme know what you think.

Jun 22nd, '06, 22:49

by Darth Jeeling » Jun 22nd, '06, 22:49

Hmm...must hunt for some tea around these here them parts...
' '...why this pain? If it would only cease just for a moment!' and he moaned. Peter turned towards him. 'It's all right. Go and fetch me some tea.' '

-The Death of Ivan Ilyich, Leo Tolstoy

Aug 27th, '06, 16:28

by teamuse » Aug 27th, '06, 16:28

We'd love to try some of the Sangria here too.

We actually have the flagship Whole Foods Market near us with their big snotty tea selection...and they don't have Adagio anything. I know that Ilya mentioned WFM as a seller...but it isn't at their biggest store. :roll:
"Life is too short to drink bad tea!"

Aug 27th, '06, 22:00

Re: Retail only

by karia » Aug 27th, '06, 22:00

ilya wrote:The marketing reason behind having some teas available only in the retail channel is that certain stores/tearooms are uncomfortable competing with an online site. They are looking for some exclusive products that create repeat business.
that actually makes alot of sense.

i am also a knitter and i buy most of my needles online because they are 2-4$ cheaper even after shipping and taxes, but i buy my yarn at stores because they have unique and exciting yarns that i would not easily find online.

ok back to tea.

i also saw an earl grey estate tea... how does that compare with the earl grey sold online? is the flavor stronger or more subtle?

i loved the fruit sangria much more than the medley, but can see the similarities. still i like sangria better for its more unique and more fruity flavor.

Jun 16th, '07, 15:21

by Caletara » Jun 16th, '07, 15:21

I ordered fruit medley and was end up shipped Sangria. I was told that they were the same thing though?

Jun 18th, '07, 11:12

by xine » Jun 18th, '07, 11:12

The Fruit Sangria and the Fruit Medley are the same tea- just different names for the different market- the Sangria name is used for the retail tins we sell to suppliers like Whole Foods Wegmans, etc.

Jun 18th, '07, 16:40

by rhpot1991 » Jun 18th, '07, 16:40

xine wrote:The Fruit Sangria and the Fruit Medley are the same tea- just different names for the different market- the Sangria name is used for the retail tins we sell to suppliers like Whole Foods Wegmans, etc.
But doesn't the Sangria have cranberries in it and the Medley does not? I am going to need to search for that, I swear someone from Adagio told me it.

Edit: Silly me, it was all in the first page of this thread.

Jun 19th, '07, 15:05

by xine » Jun 19th, '07, 15:05

hmmm...not that I know of- we just use different names for the retail market/tea bought directly from us retail.

Feb 14th, '08, 06:12

by Tsukiko » Feb 14th, '08, 06:12

*looks in horror* Artificial flavoring O_O Whaaat? This is scaring me....
Heather J. Hasan
Editor - Chinese Culture @ BellaOnline

Feb 14th, '08, 09:26

by rhpot1991 » Feb 14th, '08, 09:26

Tsukiko wrote:*looks in horror* Artificial flavoring O_O Whaaat? This is scaring me....
It is my understanding that a lot of teas (not just adagio) use artificial flavoring. Some things you just can't get a natural flavoring for, example: Natural Almond flavoring == Cyanide.

Feb 14th, '08, 09:48

Re: Retail only

by forkyfork » Feb 14th, '08, 09:48

ilya wrote:The marketing reason behind having some teas available only in the retail channel is that certain stores/tearooms are uncomfortable competing with an online site. They are looking for some exclusive products that create repeat business.
I would think the majority of people who buy tea in a grocery store don't know about the tea presence online.

Also, I would like a list of stores in the area. I get excited when I see adagio different places, but it's really a surprise more than anything else. If I knew of a closer location, I would seek it out.

Feb 14th, '08, 18:38

by Tsukiko » Feb 14th, '08, 18:38

rhpot1991 wrote:
Tsukiko wrote:*looks in horror* Artificial flavoring O_O Whaaat? This is scaring me....
It is my understanding that a lot of teas (not just adagio) use artificial flavoring. Some things you just can't get a natural flavoring for, example: Natural Almond flavoring == Cyanide.
I still don't like the though :( Especially now that you're talking about cyanide lol
Heather J. Hasan

Feb 15th, '08, 00:36

by osadczuk » Feb 15th, '08, 00:36

Nah, what he meant is that "natural" almond flavor is actaually cyanide (as is natural peach flavor for that matter, and cherry...)

In another thread the definition of "natural flavor" is discussed and it is brought up that in Germany the teas are consideed "naturally flavored." Different country, different standards. So it's not like they're being laced with long methyl polymers, etc. Do remember a lot of our most basic flavors (apple, pineapple, lemon, etc.) are just ester chains.

Feb 15th, '08, 12:32

by Tsukiko » Feb 15th, '08, 12:32

osadczuk wrote:Nah, what he meant is that "natural" almond flavor is actaually cyanide (as is natural peach flavor for that matter, and cherry...)

In another thread the definition of "natural flavor" is discussed and it is brought up that in Germany the teas are consideed "naturally flavored." Different country, different standards. So it's not like they're being laced with long methyl polymers, etc. Do remember a lot of our most basic flavors (apple, pineapple, lemon, etc.) are just ester chains.
Aww, come on, guys. You're ruining it for me. LOL I would like to keep the image of little fairies coming in the night and adding flavor to the teas. :wink: Too much technicality killed the cat.
Heather J. Hasan

Feb 15th, '08, 13:34

by osadczuk » Feb 15th, '08, 13:34

Oh, well you didn't ask about the fairies.

There's that method too.

:wink:

+ Post Reply