Kudos to Tea Urchin

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Nov 4th, '15, 06:16

Kudos to Tea Urchin

by Rui » Nov 4th, '15, 06:16

Yesterday finally I managed to order some pu'er tea from them and because their website had problems for the past few days and was unavailable today I received a 10% discount on my purchase! :D

I never rose the problem of their website being down during the previous days and it was out of their own freewill to give me the discount with apologies. It was really totally out of the blue.

Thank you Tea Urchin, it is very much appreciated!

Nov 4th, '15, 07:31

Re: Kudos to Tea Urchin

by sherubtse » Nov 4th, '15, 07:31

Giving that kind of unsolicited discount to a customer when a problem has occurred on the vendor's side is a sign of great customer service. That type of discount has happened to me before with Mellow Monk (though for a slightly different reason). On the other hand, I have had problems with other vendors' sites and no discount / compensation has been forthcoming, not even an apology. These types of responses show those vendors who value my business (and will work to keep it) and those who don't.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Nov 5th, '15, 20:49

Kudos to Tea Urchin

by Peacock » Nov 5th, '15, 20:49

Once, he and his wife were on vacation. They apologized that they couldn't get my order out in a timely manner so they sent me a few gifts when they returned. Stellar service.

+ Post Reply