Xiaguan help

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Nov 10th, '15, 13:05
Vendor Member

Re: Xiaguan help

by honza » Nov 10th, '15, 13:05

PurplePotato wrote:
kyarazen wrote:
honza wrote:there is date - year, month and day. Some tuos was produced and dated in few days like 2009.3.20 but you can find also 2009.3.21 or 22 . But then there is also often 7.month and 11. or 12. in the same year and the tea not must be the same quality.
Jiaji grade in green box and jiaji tuo is paper tong is often not the same quality. Paper tong one is often not made in the spring but in 7. , 9. or late months in the year. The price and collectors value is also different.

Jiaji is some recipe and should be similar quality but if you find some green box 2003 4.month or 12. month and then compare with 2007 production of Jiaji green box, you will think is completly different tea from different factory and area...

any really delicious ones to recommend?
He may be reluctant to quote his own shop, but my guess is some of these qualify: http://www.chawangshop.com/index.php/ca ... an&x=0&y=0. This one in particular has a description that almost makes me salivate: http://www.chawangshop.com/index.php/20 ... -100g.html. Maybe Honza will mention one of his favorites that he sells.
Hmm I am here as tea drinker so not link my shop of course. But for me was pretty nice "Happy tuo" which we sold out already but may can search for it in another eshops, that was pretty good Xiaguan. Another recommend for tea we still sell please send me PM only

Nov 10th, '15, 13:35

by PurplePotato » Nov 10th, '15, 13:35

honza wrote:Hmm I am here as tea drinker so not link my shop of course. But for me was pretty nice "Happy tuo" which we sold out already but may can search for it in another eshops, that was pretty good Xiaguan. Another recommend for tea we still sell please send me PM only
Yeah, I asked you because I figured it would be ok to mention your shop if someone else specifically prompted you, but re-reading the forum rules I see that links to a personal shop are not allowed in any circumstance by vendors, which makes sense. My bad :)

Nov 10th, '15, 16:26

by stockman » Nov 10th, '15, 16:26

And, can anyone explain me the difference between the normal number receipes and the ones that having the same number have a 'T' before the number?

Nov 10th, '15, 16:50
Vendor Member

by honza » Nov 10th, '15, 16:50

T should be tie bing, iron cake. Some cakes of Xiaguan are made in normal cake shape and then "iron cake" shape and there is T in the recipe

Nov 10th, '15, 16:57

by stockman » Nov 10th, '15, 16:57

honza wrote:T should be tie bing, iron cake. Some cakes of Xiaguan are made in normal cake shape and then "iron cake" shape and there is T in the recipe
and between normal cakes and iron cakes which one is better?

Nov 10th, '15, 17:01
Vendor Member

by honza » Nov 10th, '15, 17:01

Xiaguan cakes are mostly hard compressed , both, but Iron cake is super hard compressed and is better for humid and long storage for Guangdong, Hongkong or another humid traditional puer market

+ Post Reply