Can someone help me ? What is green tea jakseol?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Nov 9th, '15, 17:59

Can someone help me ? What is green tea jakseol?

by TeamanRS125 » Nov 9th, '15, 17:59

A friend of my went to Korea on business trip and brought me back tea that is in Korean. The only thing in English is "organic green tea jakseol". I can't seem to up load a picture. I like it a lot and wanna buy more but can't see to find it on the web. Can some one tell me what it is or tell me what adagio might have that's close to this tea? Thanks!

Nov 11th, '15, 00:34

Re: Can someone help me ? What is green tea jakseol?

by wyardley » Nov 11th, '15, 00:34

This should probably be moved to the Green Tea forum.

From a quick google search, sounds like it refers to 'sparrows tongue', because of the shape / appearance of the tea. It looks like it may also be used as a synonym for green tea.

You might want to post a picture of the label if you're looking for more detailed info about what the tea is. Ideally, post a picture of the dry and wet tea leaves too. There are folks around who know a good deal about Korean tea, who may be able to help you out.

The various greens at:
http://www.hankooktea.com/
might be worth a try. They use jaksul as a synonym for green tea, and offer various grades. Yoon Hee at Tea Classics may also be able to give you some more details if you send her a picture of the label.

Nov 26th, '15, 20:20
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Nov 26th, '15, 20:20

FYI, I have moved this to the Green Tea Forum where it should get better response.

Nov 26th, '15, 22:00

by Tead Off » Nov 26th, '15, 22:00

TeamanRS125 wrote:A friend of my went to Korea on business trip and brought me back tea that is in Korean. The only thing in English is "organic green tea jakseol". I can't seem to up load a picture. I like it a lot and wanna buy more but can't see to find it on the web. Can some one tell me what it is or tell me what adagio might have that's close to this tea? Thanks!
Generally speaking, WYardley's response is correct. It is an umbrella term for Korean green tea. However, Hwangcha, or yellow tea, which is an oxidized tea sometimes called Balhyocha, can be included into the term Jakseolcha, or sometimes spelled Jaeksalcha. Hwagae Valley in Hadong is widely considered to produce the best jakseolcha. It is sometimes called Jiri mountain tea.

+ Post Reply