Jun 10th, '16, 02:48

Re: Hong Kong-Roasted Three Stamp Shuixian

by ricegeek » Jun 10th, '16, 02:48

Just had a chance to try my teas today. Both the TGY and shuixian are really good. Both have a very nice roast level without overwhelming the teas. The SX is a very minty, smooth tea with some good huigan action.

The TGY is especially interesting because the flavor profile is very different than what I have had from an Anxi roasted TGY, much more smoother and richer texture, and more subtle sweet after taste. A nice contrast to the vast majority of the TGY out there.

I will wait a little to try them again to see how they taste after some rest. Still need to try the higher quality SX next.

Thanks for making them available, Jay!

Jun 10th, '16, 05:23
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 10th, '16, 05:23

ricegeek wrote:Just had a chance to try my teas today. Both the TGY and shuixian are really good. Both have a very nice roast level without overwhelming the teas. The SX is a very minty, smooth tea with some good huigan action.

The TGY is especially interesting because the flavor profile is very different than what I have had from an Anxi roasted TGY, much more smoother and richer texture, and more subtle sweet after taste. A nice contrast to the vast majority of the TGY out there.

I will wait a little to try them again to see how they taste after some rest. Still need to try the higher quality SX next.

Thanks for making them available, Jay!
Thanks for posting your thoughts! Glad you liked them. I agree with your opinions on both; they absolutely stand out from every other SX and TGY on the market!

Jun 10th, '16, 13:21

by Haddemall » Jun 10th, '16, 13:21

Here, here. Congrats on your new venture, Jay!

Jun 10th, '16, 15:30

by ricegeek » Jun 10th, '16, 15:30

I do have a question about the teas, which I couldn't find the answer to in the existing threads. What year are the teas, specifically when they are harvested vs. when they are roasted? Since the roast flavor is so mellow, just wondering if they have been resting for a while. Also, is the Shuixian from Wuyi or another area? Any additional information on the tea would be great!

Congrats on the website, btw! Looking forward to seeing more tea on the website!

Jun 10th, '16, 16:05
Scrolling: scrolling

by Devoted135 » Jun 10th, '16, 16:05

Just received the SX in the mail today, so naturally I couldn't wait to brew it up. :) This is probably one of the heaviest roasts that I've had, and it's so tasty! The roast is very prominent, but doesn't overwhelm the tea itself. I think it'll be even nicer in a week or so once the tea has settled. Thanks Jay, I'll be keeping an eye on your site as you build it out!

Jun 10th, '16, 22:19
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 10th, '16, 22:19

I believe the SX is from Autumn 2015, and yes, Wuyicha for sure. Traditionally nobody asked when tea was harvested or roasted...that's very much a modern thing. I know the older guys are amused by what's happened to the tea industry. I'll ask when I get back from Yunnan! ;)

I have access to aged and slightly lighter roasted SXes too...both really lovely. I'll pick some up when I get back! Those are special and I only buy them by the tael.

Thanks for the support everyone! Lots of great tea to come! Gonna see what I can do about locally produced teaware too!

Jun 10th, '16, 23:44

by Lucid_Om » Jun 10th, '16, 23:44

jayinhk wrote:Yes, keep it airtight and wait! :) It will even age nicely if you hold onto it long term.

I'm in the process of building a site...I'll add all of my current teas to it in the weeks to come, and the URL will change to tealifehk.com and then tealife.hk once I get that sorted out!

http://tealife.shoplineapp.com/
Super excited about this! I look forward to order lots amazing tea from from you in the future. :D :D

Jun 11th, '16, 02:09
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 11th, '16, 02:09

Thank you! I'm also looking at throwing in teacups from a Chiuchow guy near my office. He has a tiny stall and brings teaware down from Chaozhou to sell. I've bought teaware from him for years!

Jun 13th, '16, 09:41
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 13th, '16, 09:41

So, this is all sold?

Jun 17th, '16, 10:20

by hopeofdawn » Jun 17th, '16, 10:20

Just wanted to throw my thanks in too--I got my tea last weekend, and while I've only had time for one session, it was amazing--spicy to the nose and deep and rich on the tongue, all at the same time. I am definitely looking forward to my next session with this tea, now that it's had a little time to rest. :mrgreen:

Jun 17th, '16, 11:08
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 17th, '16, 11:08

hopeofdawn wrote:Just wanted to throw my thanks in too--I got my tea last weekend, and while I've only had time for one session, it was amazing--spicy to the nose and deep and rich on the tongue, all at the same time. I am definitely looking forward to my next session with this tea, now that it's had a little time to rest. :mrgreen:
Enjoy! It's a very good tea for sure! Both the material and the processing and roasting make for a superb high roast shuixian.

Jun 17th, '16, 11:50

by Lucid_Om » Jun 17th, '16, 11:50

jayinhk wrote:I believe the SX is from Autumn 2015, and yes, Wuyicha for sure. Traditionally nobody asked when tea was harvested or roasted...that's very much a modern thing. I know the older guys are amused by what's happened to the tea industry. I'll ask when I get back from Yunnan! ;)

I have access to aged and slightly lighter roasted SXes too...both really lovely. I'll pick some up when I get back! Those are special and I only buy them by the tael.

Thanks for the support everyone! Lots of great tea to come! Gonna see what I can do about locally produced teaware too!
Jay,Thanks so much for sharing the Three Stamp Shuixian with us. The tea is absolutely wonderful. I've had two sessions so far and sent some off to a friend that I know will enjoy it the amazing deep roast and chocolate. I can't wait until you have your store up and running officially. In any case the next time you have some to offer I will be buying a lot more! :D

Jun 17th, '16, 12:10
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 17th, '16, 12:10

Glad you're enjoying it! I still have some on hand and will be getting more in. I need to put more away for long term storage for myself! :) gonna dig out my jar of older Three Stamp when I get back to HK!

Jun 26th, '16, 21:47
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 26th, '16, 21:47

Sending out 350g of the Three Stamp and two taels of the Superior Grade today! I have three taels of the Superior stuff on hand and NO Three Stamp. Going to need to pick up more this week.

Jul 3rd, '16, 15:03
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jul 3rd, '16, 15:03