Yixing & Kyusu for Sale

"Retired" Swaps SubForum

Aug 2nd, '16, 14:55

Re: Yixing & Kyusu for Sale

by Ferg » Aug 2nd, '16, 14:55

beiosto,

Thanks for the kind words. Sorry for delay in response, but my built-in keyboard and trackpad on my macbook are fried, nonresponsive. I'm getting an external keyboard and will post pictures of one last pot I plan to put up this evening. Glad you asked, you know me too well, ha. It's difficult for me to let these go, but they don't see enough use for me to justify hanging on to them. Would rather see them go to good homes and given the love/use they deserve! :)

Thanks for considering a pot.

Mike

Aug 2nd, '16, 22:21

by Ferg » Aug 2nd, '16, 22:21

Benito,

Finally got that keyboard. Alright, now for the last pot up for sale, a Late 80s Factory 1, Zini Yu Li by Liu Xiu Di 125ml. This pot has an interesting bell or rain hat shape to it. Asking for $151, which includes 2-day international shipping. As I purchased the pot from Origin Tea, I will include OT samples, which only seems fitting.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (39.58 KiB) Viewed 1159 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (38.53 KiB) Viewed 1159 times

Aug 2nd, '16, 22:22

by Ferg » Aug 2nd, '16, 22:22

A couple more pictures...
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (14.53 KiB) Viewed 1159 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (22.66 KiB) Viewed 1159 times

Aug 2nd, '16, 22:38

by Ferg » Aug 2nd, '16, 22:38

Please note, this is the last pot I will be putting up for sale for the foreseeable future. Out of respect to those who have already made a purchase from me, these prices will remain fixed.

In addition to tea purchased from vendors mentioned throughout this thread, I'm sitting on quite a lot of tea from additional vendors including White2Tea, Red Blossom Tea, a few TC members, etc. I am open to include samples based on your own personal preferences.

Feel free to reach out with any questions. Now, I'm going to turn to posting some Ruyao teacups and gaiwan for sale in a new thread. Please let me know if you'd like to combine any items.

Thanks,

Aug 6th, '16, 11:07

by Ferg » Aug 6th, '16, 11:07

It won't allow me to edit the individual post within the thread any further, but the JuLunZhu is now sold. One pot pending and three still available for sale.

Thanks again for considering and please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see additional photos on any of the remaining pots!

Aug 8th, '16, 15:02

by Balthazar » Aug 8th, '16, 15:02

To those of you sitting on the fence, I am one of the members who've bought one of Ferg's Origin Tea yixing pots and I'm really glad I did so. Great little pot sourced by a sorely missed vendor. Very tempted to pick up the duanni pot as well (don't have any duanni pots but becoming increasingly fond of liu bao..), but I'm afraid my wife would murder me if I did so and then I wouldn't be able to enjoy the pot anyway..

Aug 9th, '16, 19:12

by Ferg » Aug 9th, '16, 19:12

Sorry for having to continue to post updates, but it appears I'm not able to edit my original posts any further.

Both the Iga Murata Yoshiki and DuanNi Xiao Mi Tao are now sold. The Gisui kyusu and Zini Yu Li by Liu Xiu Di are still available for sale.

Thanks again,

Aug 14th, '16, 17:43

by Boonyung » Aug 14th, '16, 17:43

Ferg wrote:Sorry for having to continue to post updates, but it appears I'm not able to edit my original posts any further.

Both the Iga Murata Yoshiki and DuanNi Xiao Mi Tao are now sold. The Gisui kyusu and Zini Yu Li by Liu Xiu Di are still available for sale.

Thanks again,
Can anyone advise on pitch of this teapot? Would it have a high pitch sound? Is this type of pot fired at high temperatures ? - Zini Yu Li by Liu Xiu Di Thanks for the advice.

Aug 15th, '16, 12:58

by steanze » Aug 15th, '16, 12:58

pitch is not a very good indicator of the quality of a pot. Some thin walled late Qing zhunis have a high pitch and are really good, but if you find a real one it will cost $1000-2000 anyway :) And there are crappy pots with a high pitch out there.
My advice is
1) decide what tea you want to make
2) think about a beginner budget (so even if the pot is not what you thought it was it didn't cost you $$$)
3) think about whether a pot in that budget can improve your experience with that tea