Sep 11th, '16, 02:37

Tea Pot Bible

by cuppa » Sep 11th, '16, 02:37

Anybody can recomend some website or pdf book to download about Chinese tea pots? I want to know types, differences etc. As much as info I can get in one , clear , dedicated book/website. Preferably with pictures. Somethig like from beginner to master . If there is something like that here already, please send me a link and delete this thread.
Thanks

Sep 11th, '16, 04:16
Vendor Member

Re: Tea Pot Bible

by ethan » Sep 11th, '16, 04:16

If there is such a "bible", how selfish of you to ask for the info not to shared w/ all of us! As my father would have said, "What are we, chopped liver?"

Sep 11th, '16, 05:14

by Fuut » Sep 11th, '16, 05:14

Use google and find out yourself?

Sep 11th, '16, 09:28

by cuppa » Sep 11th, '16, 09:28

ethan wrote:If there is such a "bible", how selfish of you to ask for the info not to shared w/ all of us! As my father would have said, "What are we, chopped liver?"
sorry for misunderstanding. By " If there is something like that here already, please send me a link and delete this thread." I mean, if there is a thread here with same topic already, please delete mine and send me the link on this thread. Because in many forums members hate when some topic is started over and over ( doubled, tripled topics). Usualy reaction is " filer it out here" , but I coudnt find anythig trough the search box here :-(
So my appologies again for not writting it better way.
Thanks for understanding.

Sep 11th, '16, 09:36

by cuppa » Sep 11th, '16, 09:36

Fuut wrote:Use google and find out yourself?
I did, but got lots of websites ( most of them are online shops ) , where info is bit by bit. Not in compact form. I coudnt find anything which would be in kinda logic way together. And as a beginner in this matter I came here to ask experienced people for an advice. Unfortunatly as non Eng native speaker I wrote thread wrong way , so got just negative reaction:-(
My fault. Im really sorry for that.

Sep 11th, '16, 10:05

by debunix » Sep 11th, '16, 10:05

I've seen descriptions here of books in chinese that collect a lot of information about Yixing pots, but no English language equivalents. I only have vague recollections of this popping up in various threads from time to time, but don't know how to direct you to find those posts.

Sep 11th, '16, 10:16

by cuppa » Sep 11th, '16, 10:16

Ive found this so far, not sure if its a reliable info:

http://www.thechineseteashop.com/how-to ... eapot.html

Sep 11th, '16, 10:37

by kyarazen » Sep 11th, '16, 10:37

cuppa wrote:Anybody can recomend some website or pdf book to download about Chinese tea pots? I want to know types, differences etc. As much as info I can get in one , clear , dedicated book/website. Preferably with pictures. Somethig like from beginner to master . If there is something like that here already, please send me a link and delete this thread.
Thanks
you can read ks lo's book on yixing stoneware

and i'm half way done translating the latest book on yixing shuiping pots from ROC to F1 :)~~

Sep 11th, '16, 10:43

by Bok » Sep 11th, '16, 10:43

As far as I know, there is no such thing in any other language than Chinese. And even those are hard to find and collectors items. And to make good use of those books, one s Chinese would have to be excellent 8)

+ Post Reply