Black Friday Tea Buying

For general/other topics related to tea.

Nov 18th, '16, 15:17

Black Friday Tea Buying

by hopeofdawn » Nov 18th, '16, 15:17

So my black and green tea stockpile is getting pretty low, and I've been debating about whether to put in an order with a couple of different vendors. So far I've managed to hold off in the hopes of getting a nice discount for Black Friday/Cyber Monday--is anyone else doing this? Or does anyone have the scoop on some good upcoming vendor deals?

Nov 19th, '16, 11:13

Re: Black Friday Tea Buying

by JRS22 » Nov 19th, '16, 11:13

hopeofdawn wrote:So my black and green tea stockpile is getting pretty low, and I've been debating about whether to put in an order with a couple of different vendors. So far I've managed to hold off in the hopes of getting a nice discount for Black Friday/Cyber Monday--is anyone else doing this? Or does anyone have the scoop on some good upcoming vendor deals?
If you're interested in Japanese greens I think that Dens Tea usually has a special that weekend. Put yourself on the mailing list to get the coupon code.

Nov 19th, '16, 17:49
Vendor Member

by ethan » Nov 19th, '16, 17:49

Usually fair to good tea is discounted or discoiunted the most, while very good to superb tea may not be discounted at all.

You should PM your teachat vendors & members on teaswap to ask for "holiday consideration". Some of us have good hearts &/or are desperate for $. Cheers

Nov 19th, '16, 21:06

by JRS22 » Nov 19th, '16, 21:06

I just got an email from TeaTrekker that mentioned a cyber Monday sale - no details.

Nov 21st, '16, 12:32

by hopeofdawn » Nov 21st, '16, 12:32

ethan wrote:Usually fair to good tea is discounted or discoiunted the most, while very good to superb tea may not be discounted at all.

You should PM your teachat vendors & members on teaswap to ask for "holiday consideration". Some of us have good hearts &/or are desperate for $. Cheers
lol--that's a good idea, I hadn't thought of that. I guess I'd assumed that the smaller tea buyers/sellers like yourself and JayHK wouldn't have as much leeway to do any sales like that. :) Thanks for the idea!

Nov 21st, '16, 12:45

by hopeofdawn » Nov 21st, '16, 12:45

Just to do my part for anyone else looking at this thread--Taiwanteacrafts is offering 20% off right now on all their high mountain teas. Not sure yet if they'll do an even better sale for Black Friday or not--they have in the past, but that's no guarantee.

Nov 21st, '16, 15:16

by pedant » Nov 21st, '16, 15:16

teahong:
a 10% discount coupon will be automatically added to your cart and 10% additional discount if the ticket is over $220. That means a storewide 20% discount when you stock up!
not sure if that's until christmas or the new year or what.

Nov 21st, '16, 17:49
Vendor Member

by ethan » Nov 21st, '16, 17:49

When looking at Adagio's site, a $5 off coupon pops up. Used well & combined w/ free shipping if order is big enough, one can do well. I drink Adagio's Yunnan black teas & lapsang souchong at a friend's. They are good.

hopeofdawn, For myself, I'd rather throw surprises into orders than discount. It's more fun to share & compare....There is teaware that people probably would like but should be photographed if up for sale, there are teas that I don't feel qualify to rate (I don't have enough experience w/ green tea & pu-erh).....Independent amateurs are freer than businesses. We choose to lose. Cheers

+ Post Reply