May 9th, '17, 17:14

Mixing cold brew teas

by DoomsdayAdam » May 9th, '17, 17:14

Hi guys,
I've been reading a bit about green tea and various herbal teas I noticed that they all seem to have different health benefits, however combining teas in a hot brew can ruin the flavour and health benefits of the individual teas. I mainly drink tea as a cold brew with citrus and stuff in so my question is this: if I combined some of these herbal teas with green tea in a cold brew would I get all of the different health benefits and if so, is this worth doing? I'd appreciate any help and advice, thanks in advanced

May 11th, '17, 08:08

Re: Mixing cold brew teas

by DDMP11 » May 11th, '17, 08:08

I pretty much do exclusively cold brew green and white tea. I've read a lot of studies in the past that stated cold brewing actually provides more antioxidants than hot brewing so it's just as healthy if not healthier. Not sure if mixing herbal and green tea would negate the positive health benefits of the green tea but if I had to guess I'd say no.

Herbal tea is not really tea and I don't drink it. I've never been a fan of flavored teas either. For me it's always cold brewed unsweetened white/green with nothing added to it.

May 15th, '17, 00:06

by janet11 » May 15th, '17, 00:06

I just know varieties of tea need different temperature of the water :shock:

May 15th, '17, 12:47

by miig » May 15th, '17, 12:47

You know, even between the teas that come from c.sinensis (green, black, white tea etc.), there are huge differences in preparation and in the chemicals they contain. The range is extreme with herbal teas, because there are so many different plants.
This is why I seriously doubt that your question can be answered - there will be a different answer for every possible combination, and then your own body type etc. comes into play as well. If you want to drink some teas for their health benefits, why not just take turns? That way, they are likely to taste better, you get some variety and are on the safe side as far as chemical interactions are concerned.

Oh, and one more thing: Especially the camellia sinensis based teas can be delicious if you get good quality and pepare it in the right way. Why not find some teas that you will really like? They will be good for your soul and make you happy - this can only be healthy :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply