May 17th, '17, 05:01

Different types of teas have different effects

by ginagreen » May 17th, '17, 05:01

Tea is helpful for health to regulate our body, and different types of teas have different effects. For example, if you have been slow metabolism, you can drink more Green Tea, if you have sleepless nights, you can drink some Chamomile in the daytime. For the common cold, sometimes people will not want to take medicine, but adjust by their own diet, then we can drink the Elderflower. If one day you fell stressed, you can try the Lemon Balm to adjust your mood. Sometimes after drinking, we may feel nauseous, then we can drink some Ginger Tea. If you're bloated, drinking some Peppermint will make you feel better. :lol:

May 18th, '17, 00:46

Re: Different types of teas have different effects

by john.b » May 18th, '17, 00:46

This doesn't really follow the general tone and theme in the first post but there is something to this, related to within the scope of typical tea (camellia sinensis based versions). The ordinary health claims just repeat traditional wisdom, which isn't such a terrible thing, but that's not reliable enough to do much with, unless you just happen to really want to believe it.

As I'm seeing it this overlaps with the "qi" subject, although that's not a common take, to link the two. There are differing compounds in different teas and there's absolutely no reason why those couldn't cause different beneficial health effects and different physiological and psychological effects (or I guess even harm, depending on dosage, but that's a different story).

Now for the tangent part. I was just reading a research paper, for a different reason, tied to a different direction entirely, and that paper measured the various compounds found in different types of teas. Of course there is a poorly defined set of problems with tying that to either health effects or personal experience change (drug-like effect).

Part of that set of problems is that groups of compound types contain different variants of those general types, and there is the opposite of a complete mapping of the effects of all the compounds found in tea to effects on a person. Caffeine is a stimulant, theanine relaxes you, and things get hazy beyond that.

I'll share that paper link--and title, and a table graphic--in case someone reading this is curious what some limited research related to compounds found in different teas would turn up. I'm not trying to prove anything through this citation, it just shows part of what I'm talking about.

http://file.scirp.org/pdf/FNS_2013060514491011.pdf

The Joint Use of Electronic Nose and Electronic Tongue for the Evaluation of the Sensorial Properties of Green and Black Tea Infusions as Related to Their Chemical Composition

+ Post Reply