Jun 18th, '18, 17:52

Re: Leaving tea leave in strainer

by kukicha » Jun 18th, '18, 17:52

Mold in tea was something I've always thought about happening, but in my own experience I've never had mold form in teas left in strainers for days on end. I always leave the strainer out on a plate, giving it access to air and light to prevent this, however. I usually notice it just dries out. The flavor of the tea does change, but if i'm brewing such a big pot I usually don't mind.

As for damaging the strainer - i've never experienced damage done to any strainers I've had. The strainer I use most is a stainless steel mesh one that sits on the top of your cup, and I've had it for 5 years now. Often times I leave the tea leaves in the strainer and forget about them for days on end until i use it again, and the strainer is perfectly fine. I just rinse it out with water and wash it until there's no smell and it's good as new!

I hope that answered your questions. If you need to know anything else, feel free to let me know!
Puerh3 wrote: Hi!

I got a 600ml teapot. I make one infusion and leave the tea in the strainer and do another infusion the day after with the same left than discard them.

Is it ok? Would it damage the strainer in a long run?

Would mold form in the tea? I put the strainer in a cup.

Any help you be liked!:)

Cheers! :D

Jun 21st, '18, 06:45

Re: Leaving tea leave in strainer

by Puerh3 » Jun 21st, '18, 06:45

kukicha wrote: Mold in tea was something I've always thought about happening, but in my own experience I've never had mold form in teas left in strainers for days on end. I always leave the strainer out on a plate, giving it access to air and light to prevent this, however. I usually notice it just dries out. The flavor of the tea does change, but if i'm brewing such a big pot I usually don't mind.

As for damaging the strainer - i've never experienced damage done to any strainers I've had. The strainer I use most is a stainless steel mesh one that sits on the top of your cup, and I've had it for 5 years now. Often times I leave the tea leaves in the strainer and forget about them for days on end until i use it again, and the strainer is perfectly fine. I just rinse it out with water and wash it until there's no smell and it's good as new!

I hope that answered your questions. If you need to know anything else, feel free to let me know!
Puerh3 wrote: Hi!

I got a 600ml teapot. I make one infusion and leave the tea in the strainer and do another infusion the day after with the same left than discard them.

Is it ok? Would it damage the strainer in a long run?

Would mold form in the tea? I put the strainer in a cup.

Any help you be liked!:)

Cheers! :D
Thank you for your answer!!

Cheers!

+ Post Reply