Vintage Yixing for sale

Tea or pot doesn't float your boat? Find it a new home here.

Sep 5th, '18, 21:27

Vintage Yixing for sale

by Bok » Sep 5th, '18, 21:27

Something needs to go...

This pot is about 25 years old, it was in the possession of my teacher before, so I trust his information. The fb early pot group did not yield a clear result on the exact provenance. It seems to be one of the Xiao ming jia, the range of pots done by the better artisans in Yixing with better workmanship.

According to him it is Guihuasha clay, which seems to be a blend of some sorts, see also the topic I opened about this pot a while ago. That clay is very porous with a good heat retention. Walls are medium-thin and the pot is very light at 200ml volume. Pour and handling is very good. Nice big opening for easy access.

It has been thoroughly cleaned with Sodium percarbonate since then, so the interior is spotless and as new now. Will snap some shots later of the inside.

Probably a good candidate for some Puerh or heavily roasted teas. It is too large for my drinking habits and not a good fit for the teas I normally drink so I am parting ways with it.

Price is 160 USD, plus shipping from Taiwan.
Can not PM at the moment, if interested give a shout here and I'll post an email adress!

Sep 7th, '18, 11:43

Re: Vintage Yixing for sale

by Bok » Sep 7th, '18, 11:43

images

Sep 10th, '18, 10:55

by Rich Perry » Sep 10th, '18, 10:55

Bok wrote: Something needs to go...

This pot is about 25 years old, it was in the possession of my teacher before, so I trust his information. The fb early pot group did not yield a clear result on the exact provenance. It seems to be one of the Xiao ming jia, the range of pots done by the better artisans in Yixing with better workmanship.

According to him it is Guihuasha clay, which seems to be a blend of some sorts, see also the topic I opened about this pot a while ago. That clay is very porous with a good heat retention. Walls are medium-thin and the pot is very light at 200ml volume. Pour and handling is very good. Nice big opening for easy access.

It has been thoroughly cleaned with Sodium percarbonate since then, so the interior is spotless and as new now. Will snap some shots later of the inside.

Probably a good candidate for some Puerh or heavily roasted teas. It is too large for my drinking habits and not a good fit for the teas I normally drink so I am parting ways with it.

Can not PM at the moment, if interested give a shout here and I'll post an email adress!

Hi, I am interested but is there a picture somewhere that I am missing?

thanks you,

Rich

Sep 10th, '18, 11:30

by Bok » Sep 10th, '18, 11:30

Rich Perry wrote:
Bok wrote: Something needs to go...

Hi, I am interested but is there a picture somewhere that I am missing?

thanks you,

Rich
There was supposed to be pictures, seems I can’t attach any at the moment. Bare with me until i figure it out.

+ Post Reply