Matcha nausea??!!

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Nov 12th, '10, 05:12

Re: Matcha nausea??!!

by bagua7 » Nov 12th, '10, 05:12

Tea4Todd wrote:Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's because I have had matcha on an empty stomach before, but my few experiences with matcha have left me with a horrible stomach ache and very nauseous. I was wondering if anyone else other than me has experienced this before? Are there incorrect ways to make matcha that could contribute to someone feeling nauseous?
It could be that you need a good liver cleanse due to excess fire in the stomach that travels there and ends up in the spleen (when liver Qi is stagnant in excess in the liver).

My advice undergo a good liver cleanse. If you need more info whim me a PM and I will provide you a couple of links.

Good luck.

Note: My breakfast every morning is Chinese green gong fu cha on an empty stomach and I feel I reached Nirvana while driving to work. One day I will have a serious crash. :mrgreen:

Sep 6th, '18, 08:37

by chemistpgh » Sep 6th, '18, 08:37

"Drinking any green tea at the wrong time, such as with a meal or first thing in the morning can also cause nausea.

A 1984 study concluded that "tea is a potent stimulant of gastric acid, and this can be reduced by adding milk and sugar." Click on the link below to discover the ten tips of enjoying a soothing cup of tea without experiencing stomach upset.

https://www.amazing-green-tea.com/green ... ation.html"

Sep 22nd, '18, 09:14

Re: RE: Re: Matcha nausea??!!

by ettore » Sep 22nd, '18, 09:14

bagua7 wrote:
Tea4Todd wrote:Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's because I have had matcha on an empty stomach before, but my few experiences with matcha have left me with a horrible stomach ache and very nauseous. I was wondering if anyone else other than me has experienced this before? Are there incorrect ways to make matcha that could contribute to someone feeling nauseous?
It could be that you need a good liver cleanse due to excess fire in the stomach that travels there and ends up in the spleen (when liver Qi is stagnant in excess in the liver).

My advice undergo a good liver cleanse. If you need more info whim me a PM and I will provide you a couple of links.

Good luck.

Note: My breakfast every morning is Chinese green gong fu cha on an empty stomach and I feel I reached Nirvana while driving to work. One day I will have a serious crash. :mrgreen:
First thing in the morning for me is kukicha and thanksgiving :)

Enviado desde mi SM-G610M mediante Tapatalk

Oct 6th, '18, 02:13

by Aram1s » Oct 6th, '18, 02:13

The polyphenol (tannin) present in tea lower the blood sugar levels. In the morning, the sugar levels is already low because of the fasting and lowering it further more can cause nausea symptoms associated with hypoglycemia. When it happens, I eat a banana and it disappear immediately. It is the same cause as feeling nauseous when waking up in the morning.

+ Post Reply