roasted Baozhong

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Oct 24th, '18, 08:43

roasted Baozhong

by trziste » Oct 24th, '18, 08:43

I just got a package of a tea labeled "Tchajwan Pinglin Baozhong -- Traditionally Roasted." I've had a number of boazhong teas before and all of them were very green and with a distinct floral aroma. This one is different. It's much smokier and does not have the floral qualities. It's not what I was expecting at all from a Boazhong tea, but it's still delicious. The tea is twisted, not rolled, as is typical of Boazhong. It's also very dark in color without a hint of green. Is this kind of Baozhong very common?

Oct 24th, '18, 21:28

Re: roasted Baozhong

by FBee » Oct 24th, '18, 21:28

trziste wrote: I just got a package of a tea labeled "Tchajwan Pinglin Baozhong -- Traditionally Roasted." I've had a number of boazhong teas before and all of them were very green and with a distinct floral aroma. This one is different. It's much smokier and does not have the floral qualities. It's not what I was expecting at all from a Boazhong tea, but it's still delicious. The tea is twisted, not rolled, as is typical of Boazhong. It's also very dark in color without a hint of green. Is this kind of Baozhong very common?
Baozhong is normally twisted, not rolled. The original, traditional Baozhong was always roasted, the green version is a more recent invention. Roasted BZ is rare!

+ Post Reply