"Cha Qi", what is it?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jul 2nd, '09, 03:24

by Tead Off » Jul 2nd, '09, 03:24

TIM wrote:
Tead Off wrote:
TIM wrote:
Tead Off wrote:....I have to laugh at the seriousness of Chadao and those who think they are practicing it, somehow. Drink up!
I hope you are joking Tead Off. To make a joke out of something people practice and dedicate their life to is very off. Because it's not in your head, doesn't mean its not there. Specially around us tea heads.
We all need to check ourselves out sometime. Right, Tim? I find a lot of humor observing all kinds of things including religious practicioners and tea drinkers.
I guess you are a funny guy then, Teadoff. I "check-out" when I am not drinking tea.
Actually, I don't know what I am. And, when I drink tea, I don't know what I am drinking until memory (the past) names it. Then, what am I experiencing?; the tea or the accumulation of knowledge (the past)? Do we experience anything directly without naming it, categorizing it, analyzing it?

With due respect, how can we know what chaqi is? Certainly, it is not what a group of tea drinkers agree it is. If we are honest with ourselves, we don't really know what anything is.

Feb 4th, '19, 10:10

Re: 7581?

by Teawithtom » Feb 4th, '19, 10:10

shogun89 wrote:
apache wrote:
shogun89 wrote:I have felt it, but it is always different. I usually get a very calm and relaxed feeling. Other times I can get a buzz and can be very alert. Its one of those things you must experience for yourself as it is almost impossible to feel.
Do you get a very calm and relaxed feeling from drink sheng or shu? Or is there any different in term of cha qi between sheng and shu? I hope I'm not trying to split hair here?
I can get the relaxed feeling from both. But I seem to get it more from a shu, I have a 2003 7581 brick that makes me feel great, just very relaxed and calm, without any cares. Almost all the shengs I own are very young so I tend to get a more awake/alert feeling from them as they are so strong, but I imagine a aged sheng will give you a calm feeling as well.
Hi, can you clarify for me what 7851 refers to?

Feb 7th, '19, 06:51

Re: 7581?

by mr mopu » Feb 7th, '19, 06:51

Teawithtom wrote:
shogun89 wrote:
apache wrote:
shogun89 wrote:I have felt it, but it is always different. I usually get a very calm and relaxed feeling. Other times I can get a buzz and can be very alert. Its one of those things you must experience for yourself as it is almost impossible to feel.
Do you get a very calm and relaxed feeling from drink sheng or shu? Or is there any different in term of cha qi between sheng and shu? I hope I'm not trying to split hair here?
I can get the relaxed feeling from both. But I seem to get it more from a shu, I have a 2003 7581 brick that makes me feel great, just very relaxed and calm, without any cares. Almost all the shengs I own are very young so I tend to get a more awake/alert feeling from them as they are so strong, but I imagine a aged sheng will give you a calm feeling as well.
Hi, can you clarify for me what 7851 refers to?
75- year of blend origination
5- leaf grade used
1- Kunming tea factory.

+ Post Reply