From the people at Yunnan Sourcing- Taiwan Sourcing!

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Jul 14th, '15, 19:56

Re: From the people at Yunnan Sourcing- Taiwan Sourcing!

by Frisbeehead » Jul 14th, '15, 19:56

I've been looking at their site for the past month, I'd like to try some of their oolongs. They have a solid (albeit small) collection and I've liked everything I've had so far from yunnan sourcing.

I'd really like to try their Taiwanese wuyi style oolong and their roasted tieguanyin.

Jul 14th, '15, 22:57

by bonescwa » Jul 14th, '15, 22:57

The only truly bad tea I had from them was some kind of green dancong, which I expected to be terrible anyway. I got it out of morbid curiosity.

Jul 18th, '15, 01:50

by AT333 » Jul 18th, '15, 01:50

I am thinking of ordering the imperial grade Jin Ju Mei. http://yunnansourcing.com/en/wuyimounta ... -2013.html Anyone tried it? :mrgreen:

Jul 19th, '15, 22:55

by bryan_drinks_tea » Jul 19th, '15, 22:55

So far I've only had the spring 2015 lishan. I pushed it pretty hard and it was complex and thick in the mouth. I have the 2014 winter light roast from lishan but I haven't tried it yet.

Aug 3rd, '15, 21:17

by Muadeeb » Aug 3rd, '15, 21:17

We got back from our vacation last week and my first TS order still hadn't arrived. The Taiwanese tracking number still had it listed as in transit in Taiwan for 2 weeks, so I emailed Scott to ask him if he could help track it. He sent me back a USPS tracing number that showed it was delivered on the day we left. Our housesitter didn't see the package when he came by at night, so I guess it disappeared off my front door. This is the first time we've ever had a package stolen, and of course it happens with a $70 order! :evil: Scott has provided me with very good service, getting back to me within a day every time I emailed him, so I feel like I should just try again.

I'll be placing a replacement order in the next day or two, so I thought I'd check to see if something is really standing out as a must-try to anyone. I'm picking from both ends of their price spectrum, including their long jing and the Lishan TKY.

Aug 3rd, '15, 22:32

by Frisbeehead » Aug 3rd, '15, 22:32

Muadeeb wrote:We got back from our vacation last week and my first TS order still hadn't arrived. The Taiwanese tracking number still had it listed as in transit in Taiwan for 2 weeks, so I emailed Scott to ask him if he could help track it. He sent me back a USPS tracing number that showed it was delivered on the day we left. Our housesitter didn't see the package when he came by at night, so I guess it disappeared off my front door. This is the first time we've ever had a package stolen, and of course it happens with a $70 order! :evil: Scott has provided me with very good service, getting back to me within a day every time I emailed him, so I feel like I should just try again.

I'll be placing a replacement order in the next day or two, so I thought I'd check to see if something is really standing out as a must-try to anyone. I'm picking from both ends of their price spectrum, including their long jing and the Lishan TKY.
How unfortunate!

Have you tried checking your local USPS office? Sometimes if you are not home they take it there for you to pick up.

I can't imagine someone would actually steal something like that off your front porch... What area of town do you live in?

Anyway good luck with your second order. They are next on my list to try. Taiwanese oolong is my preferred type of tea and I have loved the ones I got from Yunnan Sourcing. I can only imagine that Taiwan Sourcing is even better! They have some really nice teaware on their site as well.

Now I just have to decide which ones I want...
:wink:

Aug 4th, '15, 16:01

by bryan_drinks_tea » Aug 4th, '15, 16:01

I've been drinking the 2014 winter light roast from Lishan. So far, I like it. It's got light roast nuance, obviously, some nice dried fruit notes, hints of spicy stuff, and veggie protein. Great mouthfeel, pleasant aftertaste, really relaxing stuff.
Works well in a gaiwan, but i've had more difficulty using yixing. YMMV, of course. :D

Dec 29th, '16, 22:15

by bagua7 » Dec 29th, '16, 22:15

Hey, I need to stock some gaoshan as I only have left the master Chen order a bunch of us placed last June-July.

The long feng xia, la la shan (never heard of it) and bug bitten offerings interest me. Any good?

Thanks chaps! :)

Dec 30th, '16, 10:49

by victoria3 » Dec 30th, '16, 10:49

bagua7 wrote:Hey, I need to stock some gaoshan as I only have left the master Chen order a bunch of us placed last June-July.

The long feng xia, la la shan (never heard of it) and bug bitten offerings interest me. Any good?

Thanks chaps! :)
So far All his traditional roasted oolongs are my favorites.
The BugBitten is very perfume like and aromatic, but the flavor wasn't as stellar and since I'm into body + aromatics I may not reorder..... I haven't tried the other two.

Dec 30th, '16, 20:58

by bagua7 » Dec 30th, '16, 20:58

Thanks victoria3, I'll cross out the bug-bitten and go for the other two (I'm familiar with long feng xia as it's one of my favourite oolongs overall; never heard of la la shan, I'm curious about it).

Cheers!

Jan 7th, '17, 22:25

by bagua7 » Jan 7th, '17, 22:25

Just arrived a batch of La La Shan, Long Feng Xia and Wu She Gao Feng oolongs. Just finished a session with La La Shan and all I can say it is an impressive 'little' tea. *****

Jan 8th, '17, 08:39

by Muadeeb » Jan 8th, '17, 08:39

That La La Shan is some great stuff!
bagua7 wrote:Just arrived a batch of La La Shan, Long Feng Xia and Wu She Gao Feng oolongs. Just finished a session with La La Shan and all I can say it is an impressive 'little' tea. *****

Jan 8th, '17, 17:13
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jan 8th, '17, 17:13

The LFX I got from Tony (Origin Tea) before he started Origin Tea was the best gaoshan I've ever had. I stuffed my gaiwan and the tea went for three days! I told him it went from savory to dessert over those days, so it was really something special.

Mar 11th, '17, 00:32

by joelbct » Mar 11th, '17, 00:32

I am trying to narrow it down to a few samples of 2016 Spring and Winter Oolongs while TS 12% off sale is going.

Any suggestions, if I want to pick under $100 worth?

I am thinking:
Fu Shou Shan Winter 2016
King of Qing Xin "The Potion" Jade Oolong Tea - Spring 2016
Imperial Grade Lala Shan High Mountain Jade Oolong Tea - Spring 2016
Alishan High Mountain GABA Dark Roasted Oolong Tea - Winter 2016
Wu She Gao Feng High Mountain Light Roast Oolong Tea - Winter 2016
Robust Si Ji Chun Certified Organic Oolong Tea - Spring 2016
GABA Certified Organic Oolong Tea - Spring 2016

Here is maybe a novice question... what are the differences between winter and spring Taiwan Oolongs? I am familiar with Shincha vs later harvests, first flush vs second flush teas Indian teas, etc. But I know next to nothing about Oolongs. I am just starting to explore, as my tastes change and sometimes I want something more subtle than my usual pungent blacks and Japanese Greens.

Aug 20th, '19, 22:42

by bagua7 » Aug 20th, '19, 22:42

Balthazar wrote:
Taiwan Sourcing seems ... a bit more high-end? Although it's by no means pricey for Taiwanese teas.
Premium oolongs. They are like the EoT for puerh.

I'm not fan of some of the oolongs sold by Taiwanese vendors after claiming their teas are the best in the island. The ones I have brewed from TS are far better without the DYL and altitude tag.
Balthazar wrote:
I'm not a huge fan of claims such as "This particular tea was carefully processed by some of the most experienced tea masters in Taiwan," though. Also not loving the three fictional "reviews" featured for each tea. I'd prefer them being either strictly informational texts or real user reviews.
My review here is good enough. ;)

+ Post Reply