Moylor knowledge? Trustworthy vendor?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Nov 16th, '19, 11:35

Moylor knowledge? Trustworthy vendor?

by Vjt » Nov 16th, '19, 11:35

I’ve looked through the tea selection at Moylor but I like to research vendors before I buy from them. I can’t find reviews or opinions about moylor and I was wondering if folks here could share what they know about this vendor. Are there independent reviews of the company out there? Can I trust them?

Dec 2nd, '19, 06:29

Re: Moylor knowledge? Trustworthy vendor?

by cliffjudith » Dec 2nd, '19, 06:29

I have always found them reliable. I am happy with all their service, price, delivery. You do not need to worry about Moylor, their prices seem reasonable and I have had some good teas but they lack the detailed product information that I would like.
Hope this helps

Dec 9th, '19, 00:37

by khalsans » Dec 9th, '19, 00:37

I've placed a couple orders with them. Once, one of the items was out of stock and they did not communicate with me, but just immediately shipped the rest of order and issued a partial refund. I don't think their English is all that great. In one of their product descriptions, the word "gingivitis' appeared. Mistranslated, but it sure didn't make me want to order that tea! Some teas have descriptions & reviews; many do not.
Good prices, but they do sell some low-priced teas that would not go over that well with this crowd.

Dec 13th, '19, 04:22

by 12Tea » Dec 13th, '19, 04:22

khalsans wrote: I've placed a couple orders with them. Once, one of the items was out of stock and they did not communicate with me, but just immediately shipped the rest of order and issued a partial refund. I don't think their English is all that great. In one of their product descriptions, the word "gingivitis' appeared. Mistranslated, but it sure didn't make me want to order that tea! Some teas have descriptions & reviews; many do not.
Good prices, but they do sell some low-priced teas that would not go over that well with this crowd.
They list so many teas, that they probably don't have them in stock, neither are they sure whether or not their supplier has them in stock. Without stock, it's obviously hard to taste the teas themselves, and write a detailed description. This vendor feels a little bit like a gamble (though I don't think it's very risky), but prices are very reasonable.

Dec 29th, '19, 23:31

by andresito » Dec 29th, '19, 23:31

I'll see if I can find the reference, think it was mentioned in puerh tea group on FB. but I remember reading back when Moylor first came on the scene that a bunch of Aliexpress puerh vendors merged together to form Moylor when Aliexpress banned tea sales. Maybe that explains their inventory and descriptions.

Dec 30th, '19, 09:41

by Zared » Dec 30th, '19, 09:41

$21 for a 250g 90’s brick?

https://www.moylor.com/products/1990yr- ... -sheng-tea#

$68 for a 357g cake 90’s?
https://www.moylor.com/products/1990yea ... h-aged-tea#

$39 for 2003 Menghai tea factory????
https://www.moylor.com/products/chinese ... -puerh-tea

Just 3 of many obvious reason that this isn’t a trustworthy vendor. Exaggerated age claims along with confirmed counterfeit cakes makes this vendor an easy pass for me.

Jan 20th, '20, 14:07

by Tea Adventures » Jan 20th, '20, 14:07

A few months ago, they contacted me through Instagram to offer me a tea cake and brick for free. All I had to do was make posts about them and put it on my story. I've heard from othes that they were also approached to promote their business. I got the tea (after a month of waiting) and it seemed ok. It wasn't that good but it was what they told me it would be.

It might be me but when I want to check their website, there is no tea for sale anymore?

+ Post Reply