Apr 2nd, '20, 00:00

April 2nd Discussion

by Bridgette » Apr 2nd, '20, 00:00

Hello communiTEA drinkers,

Today we have Oriental Spice!

Tangy and bright Ceylon black tea is blended with cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and orange rinds. Fresh and herby-sweet aromas, spicy flavor balanced with citrusy tea, pleasantly dry finish.

Is this cuppa warming you uppa?

Apr 2nd, '20, 01:26

Re: April 2nd Discussion

by isisanubis » Apr 2nd, '20, 01:26

This was described as 'warm and approachable', and it is. It's a milder version of some spice teas, but still retains all the flavors and scents you want a spiced tea to have, and it's yummy, too.

Apr 2nd, '20, 09:26

by Segue911 » Apr 2nd, '20, 09:26

Nice blend of spices. The cardamom adds a nice smoothness while the ginger and orange peel give it some zing. I can certainly see purchasing this in the future.

On a side note - I am disappointed the name of this tea because of changes in modern usage of the term “Oriental.” The term at it’s origin is steeped in colonialism but has connotations of both racism and xenophobia. For a good explanation on I recommend - https://www.pbs.org/video/why-do-we-say ... al-4mohsx/

Apr 2nd, '20, 10:29

by agwertzy » Apr 2nd, '20, 10:29

I honestly love this blend! It feels a bit Christmas-y, what with the orange, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. It's great for chilly mornings when you need to get work done. It tastes even better with a touch of honey.

Apr 2nd, '20, 12:06

by Beckyjane » Apr 2nd, '20, 12:06

Very nice! I’ll need to add this to my shopping list. It’s like having a much better version of that often bought tea bag (constant comment) but a much better balance of spices, loose leaf brewing and a lot more black tea depth.

Very pleasant surprise!
Becky Jane

Apr 2nd, '20, 18:45

by cheeto snake » Apr 2nd, '20, 18:45

am i the only one that thinks this tea is really bland? I'm not impressed with it at all. Orange is the most noticeable taste to this, with some really watered down spices hiding in the background.

Apr 4th, '20, 11:02

by Cleavis » Apr 4th, '20, 11:02

Segue911 wrote: Nice blend of spices. The cardamom adds a nice smoothness while the ginger and orange peel give it some zing. I can certainly see purchasing this in the future.

On a side note - I am disappointed the name of this tea because of changes in modern usage of the term “Oriental.” The term at it’s origin is steeped in colonialism but has connotations of both racism and xenophobia. For a good explanation on I recommend - https://www.pbs.org/video/why-do-we-say ... al-4mohsx/

I don't find the term oriental to be racist or offensive in any way. Here's a link to another point of view. https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/l ... story.html

+ Post Reply