Apr 24th, '20, 00:00

April 24th Discussion

by Bridgette » Apr 24th, '20, 00:00

Hello communiTEA drinkers,

Today we have Yunnan Noir!

The aroma is sweet with hints of honey and spice. Savory and winey on the palate, with smooth, deep fruity astringency, tremendous depth of flavor, cinnamon bark and nutmeg in the finish.

How are you liking these little 'snails'?
Adagio Online Community Manager

Apr 24th, '20, 17:20

Re: April 24th Discussion

by cheeto snake » Apr 24th, '20, 17:20

i had a hard time deciding what i think of this tea. At first i was like "bleh, i think this was brewed from actual snails, or maybe belly button lint." It seemed like a serious tea for serious tea drinkers, which i am not. I decided to muscle through and finish the cup though, and i added a little heavy cream like i normally do with black tea. And as i sipped on it, it started growing on me. Looking deep within myself as i finished the cup and after doing a lot of soul searching, i think i can say i like this tea. Intense!

Apr 24th, '20, 18:54

by ranthappy » Apr 24th, '20, 18:54

This takes me back. Yunnan Black Tea is what really got me into loose leaf tea.

Yunnan Noir is malty with notes of honey. It's pleasant and enjoyable. I think some of the other Yunnan offerings have more punch to them. The Black Dragon Pearls or Yunnan Gold are a lot smoother and offer some chocolate notes. Those cost a bit more, but I have no problem sinking into them while drinking. When I drink the Yunnan Noir, it almost hits the spot, I just feel like it's missing those chocolate notes I love from it's older(?) brethren.

I can appreciate the Yunnan Noir. It's a good tea.

Apr 28th, '20, 18:37

by Bethedee » Apr 28th, '20, 18:37

What a beautiful black tea! I don't usually like black teas very much but this has an excellent flavor and can be re-steeped at least twice. I'm thrilled with this.

+ Post Reply