Tuesday TeaDay, 2/26/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Has your interest in TEA created an interest in the nations and cultures of TEA origins...or vice versa?

Yes, extremely
7
14%
Yes, definately
12
24%
Yes, superficially
13
25%
No
19
37%
 
Total votes: 51

Feb 27th 08 4:25 am
Posts: 18
Joined: Jan 26th 08 11:36 pm

by teaisgood » Feb 27th 08 4:25 am

Brewing some 35 yrs aged silver needle puer tea.

User avatar
Feb 27th 08 4:34 am
Posts: 98
Joined: Feb 18th 08 4:48 pm
Location: Portland OR

by GeoffK » Feb 27th 08 4:34 am

my tea day:

Adagio Irish Breakfast - Can't say I really liked it
Barley Tea - Picked this up at the local Fubonn, YUM
Fujian Oolong - really good but I over did it on my second steeping.

User avatar
Feb 27th 08 4:57 am
Posts: 1548
Joined: Jun 8th 07 5:00 pm
Location: 3161 A.D.

by Wesli » Feb 27th 08 4:57 am

a lot of good tea today. Just got done tasting one of my new yiwu bings.

User avatar
Feb 27th 08 7:23 am
Posts: 1559
Joined: Jan 28th 07 7:24 am
Location: Fort Worth, TX

by Space Samurai » Feb 27th 08 7:23 am

Looks like I'm in the minority.

Slow day, some powdered sencha in the morning and some guricha in he evening.

I couldn't see myself caring this much about tea if I just liked the flavor. Tea would be kind of hollow without a deeper meaning or representation.

User avatar
Feb 27th 08 7:33 am
Posts: 334
Joined: Jul 8th 07 9:19 pm
Location: Submerged in a good cuppa

by Eastree » Feb 27th 08 7:33 am

Today, my tea waited until tonight. I'm not in much of a mood for artisan, so I had a mini tuocha. Actually, two. When this first finishes, I'll start the second. The only name associated is 'Simao.' But it's not worth looking up. It's just not remarkable. Though I find it quite drinkable.

User avatar
Feb 27th 08 8:12 am
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd 06 12:52 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Been thanked: 2 times

by Chip » Feb 27th 08 8:12 am

Finished the day with Daily Sencha...it is difficult to follow a Premium Sencha with a Daily Sencha 2nd flush.

Still...3 different senchas today...life is good.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

User avatar
Feb 27th 08 2:44 pm
Posts: 8065
Joined: Jan 8th 08 11:00 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Been thanked: 2 times

by Victoria » Feb 27th 08 2:44 pm

Wesli wrote:a lot of good tea today. Just got done tasting one of my new yiwu bings.
Wow that sounds good. Thanks for the link, nice review! Maybe I would like pu. :wink: