Everyday raw puerh?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

May 12th, '21, 03:17

Everyday raw puerh?

by scotcasper » May 12th, '21, 03:17

Lately Ive been diving into my puerh with a force and really enjoying it. As a new puerh lover Im not as used to the prices as I am an oolong tea. Is there a good sweet balanced every day bing that doesn't break the bank? I have really enjoyed my samples of Teavivre Fengqing Wild Tree Yesheng Raw Pu-erh Tea Cake 2013 but 63 bucks a cake it out of my range. Can I get the same quality and flavor out of a Haiwan cake or another factory raw cake? If someone can point me in the right direction for a cake with the above attributes I would appreciate it!

May 16th, '21, 11:26

Re: Everyday raw puerh?

by ShadowCaster » May 16th, '21, 11:26

scotcasper wrote: Lately Ive been diving into my puerh with a force and really enjoying it. As a new puerh lover Im not as used to the prices as I am an oolong tea. Is there a good sweet balanced every day bing that doesn't break the bank? I have really enjoyed my samples of Teavivre Fengqing Wild Tree Yesheng Raw Pu-erh Tea Cake 2013 but 63 bucks a cake it out of my range. Can I get the same quality and flavor out of a Haiwan cake or another factory raw cake? If someone can point me in the right direction for a cake with the above attributes I would appreciate it!
I would suggest you look at Yunnan Sourcing. They have a site based in China and one based in the US. The US site has less items, but still a lot of variety. They really have everything that you are looking for: you just need time to sort it all out. All of their teas are listed with price per gram, so that is helpful to compare. Also, when referred to as a cake, that doesn't tell you size/weight which can be misleading, that is why I like the price per gram. With all that said, look for newer, younger puer to get the best deals and age them yourself. Also, look for less famous areas for tea and you will get better deals. There are detailed descriptions from the seller and many reviews from the drinkers. Many of the house brand items are very reasonably priced. You can also sort by type of tea and price. I would point you to their Impression line of tea, this is a blend and very good for the price. Older teas, older trees, famous regions all will cost you more in general. Good luck. https://yunnansourcing.com/products/202 ... a059&_ss=r
Here is something similar, but again, wild trees are generally harder to harvest from and cost a bit more... https://yunnansourcing.com/products/202 ... f50d&_ss=r

Jul 31st, '21, 23:33

Re: Everyday raw puerh?

by mr mopu » Jul 31st, '21, 23:33

scotcasper wrote: Lately Ive been diving into my puerh with a force and really enjoying it. As a new puerh lover Im not as used to the prices as I am an oolong tea. Is there a good sweet balanced every day bing that doesn't break the bank? I have really enjoyed my samples of Teavivre Fengqing Wild Tree Yesheng Raw Pu-erh Tea Cake 2013 but 63 bucks a cake it out of my range. Can I get the same quality and flavor out of a Haiwan cake or another factory raw cake? If someone can point me in the right direction for a cake with the above attributes I would appreciate it!
If you are in the US hit me up on email. mrmoparnrv@gmail.com I got some under 60 stuff with age on it. Some back to 2005.

+ Post Reply