Maiko Tea

For general/other topics related to tea.

Dec 6th, '14, 06:03

Maiko Tea

by mcrdotcom » Dec 6th, '14, 06:03

Hi,

I recently ordered from Maiko Tea, and I selected EMS shipping! Just wondering, on others experience do you usually get a shipping confirmation/tracking number? It says on the website that it's their only traceable shipping method so I assumed a tracking number would be provided, or at least a shipping confirmation!

Thanks.

Dec 6th, '14, 09:26

Re: Maiko Tea

by sherubtse » Dec 6th, '14, 09:26

Very few companies will provide the tracking number without being asked to do so. Seems odd to have the customer go through another hoop to get that info, but so it is. :roll:

However, all (in my experience) will provide this detail if you e-mail and ask specifically for it.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Dec 6th, '14, 11:43

Maiko Tea

by mcrdotcom » Dec 6th, '14, 11:43

sherubtse wrote:Very few companies will provide the tracking number without being asked to do so. Seems odd to have the customer go through another hoop to get that info, but so it is. :roll:

However, all (in my experience) will provide this detail if you e-mail and ask specifically for it.

Best wishes,
sherubtse
Hmm I've never had a company not supply it, interesting. Thanks.

Dec 6th, '14, 12:02
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Dec 6th, '14, 12:02

My experience is somewhere in between. And I think with Maiko you may need to ask.

Dec 7th, '14, 11:15

by Alucard » Dec 7th, '14, 11:15

Agree with sherubtse. I've used EMS only once and it was delivered in less than 72 hours from Japan to Virginia, USA - by the time you get an email response it may be delivered. But to your point I really like having a tracking number.

Dec 7th, '14, 13:42
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Dec 7th, '14, 13:42

For virtually every international order ...

I always courteously ask, when either confirming an order, making a payment, or when confirming that I have sent payment, for the tracking to be forwarded to me when it becomes available ... I only ask once, don't want to pest.

Since being proactive in this manner, I always receive the tracking number promptly.

Dec 7th, '14, 18:10

Maiko Tea

by mcrdotcom » Dec 7th, '14, 18:10

Chip wrote:For virtually every international order ...

I always courteously ask, when either confirming an order, making a payment, or when confirming that I have sent payment, for the tracking to be forwarded to me when it becomes available ... I only ask once, don't want to pest.

Since being proactive in this manner, I always receive the tracking number promptly.
Emailed and got a prompt reply apologising and informing me that person responsible for sending them out was not around last week so it slipped through the cracks!

Turns out the order arrived in Ireland Friday, should be delivered tomorrow morning, matcha just in time for exams beginning tomorrow evening!

Dec 8th, '14, 19:03

by Noonie » Dec 8th, '14, 19:03

mcrdotcom wrote:
Chip wrote:For virtually every international order ...

Emailed and got a prompt reply apologising and informing me that person responsible for sending them out was not around last week so it slipped through the cracks!

Turns out the order arrived in Ireland Friday, should be delivered tomorrow morning, matcha just in time for exams beginning tomorrow evening!
Good to hear. I've ordered from Maiko on numerous occasions and wasn't sure about the tracking number...as I would just trust and be surprised to find tea at the house one day.

Let us know how it turns out...(I've still never prepared and enjoyed a good matcha :oops: O

Oct 25th, '21, 13:29

by mutroke » Oct 25th, '21, 13:29

Unfortunately my Maiko Tea experience was a disaster, they did a terrible job with my order, they hired some europeans to deal with international orders, that have absolutely no place in online sales, not only they do not know how to deal with customers but they have no idea about green tea. I had to send 2 e-mails to get a response and my friend sent them 4 e-mails with no answer, later to receive a response that "they forgot to reply". Their customer support attitude is "we are so busy that it takes so much time to customise your order". The matcha is not bad, not stellar, at least the Maimukashi i tried, but if you have problems with your order, prepare for wasting lots of time with their "European" customer support and sending 20 e-mails just to make sure they will do something, you buy a Japanese product but it is not a Japanese shopping experience at all. I think the owners have no idea how their employees are doing their job and are being scammed by them, ruining their image, surely i will not buy again from them unless they fire those people.

+ Post Reply