Need help finding out more about this Alishan Oolong

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Sep 19th, '21, 09:41

Need help finding out more about this Alishan Oolong

by Cifer » Sep 19th, '21, 09:41

Hello everyone,

A while ago I bought this tea in Taiwan:

https://imgur.com/a/ihFNF18

The "brand" seems to be 清香茗, but I cannot find any official stores or supermarkets sell it under this name. All I could find were private persons or sellers on eBay-like websites selling this specific tea, or a handful of others.

Some of these sellers mention "名池", a big Taiwanese tea shop. I checked their website but couldn't find the tea there.

There is no further information to be found on the box or the rest of the packaging either.

Does anyone know this tea and can tell me

1. How much it sells for in stores?

2. Which cultivar it is made from? I assume qing xin since the packaging shows a train in Xi Ding, where the oolong cultivated is usually qing xin.

3. Of what quality the tea is?

Thanks a lot!

(If there is a better subforum for this question, please move it there!)

Dec 26th, '21, 21:58

Re: Need help finding out more about this Alishan Oolong

by hongtea » Dec 26th, '21, 21:58

Cifer wrote: There is no further information to be found on the box or the rest of the packaging either.
Indeed, it's just a common bag without any label, from this packaging the most I can get is:
  • Alishan Oolong
  • Qiang Xiang = light oxidization style
Questions for you:
  1. Shape: is it round?
  2. Color: is it brown green?
If both received a YES, then it's Taiwan style Qing Xiang Oolong, I doubt it comes from Alishan or not, depends on the price you paid.

What really matters is your description of your drinking experience, something like aroma, after taste etc which can help determine the quality level. I suggest you forget the vendor name as there is no logo on the bag which means it's a small shop most likely has no brand, so you know what to do now. :D
Ok, no time for fighting I gotta a tea waiting for me :wink:
-- daniel 2022

+ Post Reply