Jan 28th, '22, 17:12

Teacup lids

by MorganRose » Jan 28th, '22, 17:12

Hello,
Sorry I hope I am in the right section. Could anyone help me find a teacup and lid set?
I have browsed online but none of the lids are appropriate, I am looking for a lid that goes over the lip of the cup. I live down under so not worried about keeping heat in but worried about keeping flies out. The problem with the lids online I have come across so far, is they sit in the cup itself below the lip or directly on top, which means flies can still land on the lip edge or side where you would place your mouth to drink.
I would greatly appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Feb 1st, '22, 07:33

Re: Teacup lids

by Zatoichi » Feb 1st, '22, 07:33

MorganRose wrote: Hello,
Sorry I hope I am in the right section. Could anyone help me find a teacup and lid set?
I have browsed online but none of the lids are appropriate, I am looking for a lid that goes over the lip of the cup. I live down under so not worried about keeping heat in but worried about keeping flies out. The problem with the lids online I have come across so far, is they sit in the cup itself below the lip or directly on top, which means flies can still land on the lip edge or side where you would place your mouth to drink.
I would greatly appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction.
Do you mean a small Chinese teacup for gong fu brewing, or a mug with a lid?
I’m not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I found this on Amazon: search for-

Sweese 203.112 Ceramic Tea Mug with Infuser and Lid, Single Cup Loose Tea Brewing System, Draw Your Own Design, 16 OZ, Black
AEC826CA-62E0-4898-8382-B67A56A59223.jpeg
Sweese 203.112 Ceramic Tea Mug with Infuser and Lid, Single Cup Loose Tea Brewing System, Draw Your Own Design, 16 OZ, Black

Feb 2nd, '22, 04:13

Re: Teacup lids

by MorganRose » Feb 2nd, '22, 04:13

Thank you for your reply.
Probably more a mug with a lid. I had come across similar styles too. But see how the lid sits directly on top which means a fly could still access the side. I honestly do not know if what I am looking for even exists. I tried a few tea shops and the general online platforms to no avail. But on the bright side maybe it is something that needs inventing! Thanks again for your reply and help.

+ Post Reply