Mar 5th, '22, 09:42

easternleaves.com reviews?

by ChaDan » Mar 5th, '22, 09:42

Hey chat,

Daniel here, first time poster. I have been hunting for my first Yixing. The opaque nature of the market has been pretty damn irritating so far! I just couldn't fire on any of the sites I've found so far, except for this one, Eastern Leaves which I'm feeling confident in from what I can gather about them so far.

The pots look beautiful, they claim to be fully handmade and of authentic/quality Xisha. The potter who makes the pieces I like is called 'Yuan Weixin'.

The pots are relatively inexpensive 128-200 euros for the ones I'm interested in (120ml and below).

They have distribution warehouses in China and Italy, making delivery really straightforward for a lot of us in the west.

I have conversed with them on Instagram IM chat. They are super responsive and communicate very nicely, willing to give plenty of info etc.
This is converse to how I found Chanting Pines to be, with no clear indication of handmade status or shipping. And that clay grading system is kind of annoying and uninformative also.

SO, my question to you all, does anyone experience with EL? Any opinions regarding their Yixing wares?

Mar 7th, '22, 18:18

Re: easternleaves.com reviews?

by FBee » Mar 7th, '22, 18:18

ChaDan wrote: Hey chat,

Daniel here, first time poster. I have been hunting for my first Yixing. The opaque nature of the market has been pretty damn irritating so far! I just couldn't fire on any of the sites I've found so far, except for this one, Eastern Leaves which I'm feeling confident in from what I can gather about them so far.

The pots look beautiful, they claim to be fully handmade and of authentic/quality Xisha. The potter who makes the pieces I like is called 'Yuan Weixin'.

The pots are relatively inexpensive 128-200 euros for the ones I'm interested in (120ml and below).

They have distribution warehouses in China and Italy, making delivery really straightforward for a lot of us in the west.

I have conversed with them on Instagram IM chat. They are super responsive and communicate very nicely, willing to give plenty of info etc.
This is converse to how I found Chanting Pines to be, with no clear indication of handmade status or shipping. And that clay grading system is kind of annoying and uninformative also.

SO, my question to you all, does anyone experience with EL? Any opinions regarding their Yixing wares?
Low price and fully handmade (if they claim so) is a bad sign… full handmade is expensive! Half handmade maybe more likely.

Mar 10th, '22, 01:30

Re: easternleaves.com reviews?

by Motea » Mar 10th, '22, 01:30

FBee wrote:
ChaDan wrote: Hey chat,

Low price and fully handmade (if they claim so) is a bad sign… full handmade is expensive! Half handmade maybe more likely.
Hi! When I visited Milan they were closed. (after New year) but as far as I know they seem to be quite reputable. The tea I bought from them was good. I've never had one of their teapots though. I assume since they ship from Europe one would be able to return the pot if it didn't suit.

+ Post Reply