Mar 21st, '22, 01:45

Where to learn how to make Yixing Teapot?

by LilPotato » Mar 21st, '22, 01:45

Hello I would like to know where I can learn the process of making Yixing Teapot.

My whole family loves tea and so do I. I would love to go to China to learn from an expert but I can't because of COVID and family reasons. The only things I found online are videos but those videos are edited and do not have detailed explanations.

Is there a book that has a detailed explanation from the start to finish? Is this knowledge not allowed outside of China?

Mar 23rd, '22, 20:57

Re: Where to learn how to make Yixing Teapot?

by FBee » Mar 23rd, '22, 20:57

LilPotato wrote: Hello I would like to know where I can learn the process of making Yixing Teapot.

My whole family loves tea and so do I. I would love to go to China to learn from an expert but I can't because of COVID and family reasons. The only things I found online are videos but those videos are edited and do not have detailed explanations.

Is there a book that has a detailed explanation from the start to finish? Is this knowledge not allowed outside of China?
Check out slab-build pottery and see what you can find. Knowledge is money, no one will describe everything in detail for free... best is if you can find a pottery class, even if it is another method it will still be useful to learn.

+ Post Reply