Jan 2nd, '23, 03:35

Help With my Yixing

by Puerboy » Jan 2nd, '23, 03:35

A friend recently bought me a Yixing tea pot from a reputable tea shop in Vancouver but when he presented it to me I instantly felt like something was off about it. I consulted a group on Reddit about this and a few people assured me it was a horrible fake and should be returned. I just wanted to double check here with everyone as well for some added information for when we return it. It was $250 and the owner gave my friend (who knows nothing about tea) very little information about it. Thank you so much! Images attached - https://www.reddit.com/r/tea/comments/1 ... ame=iossmf

Jan 3rd, '23, 23:56

Re: Help With my Yixing

by Bok » Jan 3rd, '23, 23:56

It's a 1980s green label Neizhiwaihong from Yixing factory one. From Chinese Teashop? While they do have some dodgy pot deals going on, this one seems not one of them, albeit a bit expensive for what it is...

Jan 3rd, '23, 23:59

by FBee » Jan 3rd, '23, 23:59

Puerboy wrote: A friend recently bought me a Yixing tea pot from a reputable tea shop in Vancouver but when he presented it to me I instantly felt like something was off about it. I consulted a group on Reddit about this and a few people assured me it was a horrible fake and should be returned. I just wanted to double check here with everyone as well for some added information for when we return it. It was $250 and the owner gave my friend (who knows nothing about tea) very little information about it. Thank you so much! Images attached - https://www.reddit.com/r/tea/comments/1 ... ame=iossmf
Reddit knows nothing.

While Chinese Teashop is not always trustworthy, this pot is outside Hongni coated Zini from the 1980s period from Yixing factory 1.

Jan 31st, '23, 15:49

by Teasenz » Jan 31st, '23, 15:49

I don't see any scrape marks on the bottom, which indicates it wasn't handmade. The surface of the clay doesn't look good. And the inside filter made from metal is very weird.
Loving the stories behind every leaf.

Feb 1st, '23, 23:45

by FBee » Feb 1st, '23, 23:45

Teasenz wrote: I don't see any scrape marks on the bottom, which indicates it wasn't handmade. The surface of the clay doesn't look good. And the inside filter made from metal is very weird.
I wouldn't expect scrape marks of a factory pot as those were mould-assisted half hand built. Seal is from the 1980s. Just pricey for what it is.

+ Post Reply