Jul 14th, '18, 21:10

Herbal teas good for GERD?

by Kenji » Jul 14th, '18, 21:10

I'm looking to switch off of coffee and into tea to get my non-water-drink fix. Alcohol, sodas, non-carbonated sugary drinks, juice, and milk are all out for me because they're either bad for me or too expensive (milk). I really want to dive into the variety of tea but I also want to find a good "wake up tea" that will help keep my digestion under control for the day, both in the sense of GERD and of general digestive health.

Any suggestions?

Aug 19th, '18, 04:56

Re: Herbal teas good for GERD?

by Mureke » Aug 19th, '18, 04:56

In my personal experience, stay away from peppermint. Many other people with GERD seem to have reached the same conclusion.

Rosemary is supposedly stimulating, so it should make for a nice wake-up tea.

Another stimulating herb is rubbed sage . You'll need a tea bag to put the herb into, because you'll only want to drink the infusion - not much of the leaf particles themselves. Sage contains thujone, which is a convulsant. I've found it to not aggravated my GERD, however.

I think most calming herbs are good choices. I can't eat citrus fruit, but lemongrass is fine. Lemon balm is nice, but it's best consumed fresh. Mix in some liquorice root for sweetness. Liquorice is used for digestive health, but moderate your intake. Chamomile is the king of all herbs.

Apr 25th, '19, 14:34

Herbal teas good for GERD

by bennieascet » Apr 25th, '19, 14:34

For me a simple bug repellent works fine,
However my wife seems to need a bombardment of stuff that is heavy in perfume to keep bugs from bugging her.
So either she cant go out or she does but I cant get near her as the perfume drives my allergies nuts.

Is there a safe herbal way to help her keep the bugs away?

Thanks, in advance.
Merlyn

Dec 19th, '19, 09:30

Re: Herbal teas good for GERD?

by mutroke » Dec 19th, '19, 09:30

No tea will solve GERD, i recommend you read the book "Food combining made easy" by Shelton, super short but effective if you apply it, i also had digestive problems for like 8 years was a living hell for me and no doctors, pills or supplements could heal....it was all about food choices and how i combined them, leaving space between meals, to allow perfect digestion without irritation, you need to be super disciplined with this, or it will be a nightmare .... i wish you the best, please read the book, it saved me.

Mar 24th, '23, 05:01

-

by Christyisoth » Mar 24th, '23, 05:01

Are there any herbal teas or herbal supplements that may help prevent or cure COVID-19? or Anything you eat now to boost your immune system?

+ Post Reply