Jul 24th, '11, 01:19

Joyce Chen Good Earth Stoneware Tea Cup Set - I'm desperate!

by iris_bulb » Jul 24th, '11, 01:19

I recently stumbled across the old Amazon listing for the Joyce Chen Stoneware Tea Cup Set, and it is sooooo gorgeous. I'm in love with it but it's no longer available...anywhere! Not on Ebay or anywhere online.

I think these cups are so stunning, I'd do anything to find a boxed set of them. If anyone knows where to find them or would be willing to sell yours, or have any ideas, please let me know. I'm seriously smitten! Thank you for looking, here's a pic of them. :)

Jul 24th, '11, 08:49

Re: Joyce Chen Good Earth Stoneware Tea Cup Set - I'm desperate!

by JBaymore » Jul 24th, '11, 08:49

Try the online aution sites like EBay.

best,

...............john

Jul 24th, '11, 09:33

by lkj23 » Jul 24th, '11, 09:33

Hello, dificult to find them. Here you have a diferent but similar set:

http://www.teavana.com/tea-products/tea ... 1b2166c2c0

Jul 25th, '11, 01:44
Scrolling: scrolling

by rdl » Jul 25th, '11, 01:44

maybe giving them a call to see if these cups are still available will help you. good luck
http://www.joycechen.com/system/user_fi ... atalog.pdf
Customer Service (812) 238-5000

Jul 25th, '11, 18:31

by iris_bulb » Jul 25th, '11, 18:31

Thanks, everyone.

I did email Joyce Chen headquarters and they said that it was out of stock for good.

Someone linked to some similar ones. Those are pretty but they don't have the earthy "matte" appearance of the Joyce Chen ones. Thanks though. :-)

I will keep checking Ebay. I just can't believe that they are so hard to find. Usually one can find anything on the internet if they look hard enough but this teacup set seems impossible to find.

If anyone has a complete set that they want to sell, I will pay 200% of the original price.

Jul 25th, '11, 18:46
Scrolling: fixed

by TomVerlain » Jul 25th, '11, 18:46

you might consider having a potter make you a set, etsy or one of the people who post here.

Jul 25th, '11, 20:32
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 25th, '11, 20:32

TomVerlain wrote:you might consider having a potter make you a set, etsy or one of the people who post here.
+1 ... one of our member TeawareArtisans right here could easily do something earthy like these ... and they would be handmade by an artisan versus factory made.

You can find them here:
http://www.teachat.com/viewforum.php?f=40

Jul 30th, '11, 23:57

by tingjunkie » Jul 30th, '11, 23:57

Good luck in your search. I understand being on the hunt for a particular thing, but in case you don't find them soon, check out Rikyu Tea Market. Many teacup sets from Japan, and most are not mass produced like the Joyce Chen stuff. I've ordered from them before and their customer service is incredible. Send a little money Japan's way, I'm sure they can use it right now. :wink:

Dec 10th, '18, 18:00

by lmsauerwein » Dec 10th, '18, 18:00

iris_bulb wrote: I recently stumbled across the old Amazon listing for the Joyce Chen Stoneware Tea Cup Set, and it is sooooo gorgeous. I'm in love with it but it's no longer available...anywhere! Not on Ebay or anywhere online.

I think these cups are so stunning, I'd do anything to find a boxed set of them. If anyone knows where to find them or would be willing to sell yours, or have any ideas, please let me know. I'm seriously smitten! Thank you for looking, here's a pic of them. :)

Hi, I know this is an old forum post but... if you're still looking for this teacup set, I have it. I have never used them for anything other than display. I am looking to sell them. I will be the set on Facebook marketplace tonight.

Aug 11th, '23, 08:23

by jules » Aug 11th, '23, 08:23

iris_bulb wrote: I recently stumbled across the old Amazon listing for the Joyce Chen Stoneware Tea Cup Set, and it is sooooo gorgeous. I'm in love with it but it's no longer available...anywhere! Not on Ebay or anywhere online.

I have these exact one if you want them?

+ Post Reply