how to preserve tea +help

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Aug 26th, '23, 15:22

how to preserve tea +help

by salva » Aug 26th, '23, 15:22

Hello everyone, I love tea and every day I prepare several masala chai during the day.

The thing is that every time I prepare it, I dirty several pots for the preparation and I was thinking of making a large amount to have throughout the day and thus not having to be dirtying and washing pots continuously.

But I am not sure how to do it. I am thinking about making a sufficient amount to have all day and put it in a thermos or a plastic bottle or glass bottle. And then, when I am going to drink it, I just can heat the amount I need. Would you put the bottle in the fridge or leave it outside?

Do you think it's a good idea, or do you think it could spoil it or any bacteria could appear or something like that?

Thanks in advance!!!

Apr 10th, '24, 02:21

Re: how to preserve tea +help

by FaraHilde » Apr 10th, '24, 02:21

salva wrote: Hello everyone, I love tea and every day I prepare several masala chai during the day.

The thing is that every time I prepare it, I dirty several pots for the preparation and I was thinking of making a large amount to have throughout the day and thus not having to be dirtying and washing pots continuously.

But I am not sure how to do it. I am thinking about making a sufficient amount to have all day and put it in a thermos or a plastic bottle or glass bottle. And then, when I am going to drink it, I just can heat the amount I need. Would you put the bottle in the fridge or leave it outside?

Do you think it's a good idea, or do you think it could spoil it or any bacteria could appear or something like that?

Thanks in advance!!!
Hi there,

It's great to hear about your love for masala chai! Making a large batch to have throughout the day sounds like a convenient idea to save time on continuous preparation and cleaning.

Storing it in a thermos or a sealed bottle is definitely a good approach to maintain its freshness. If you're planning to consume it within the same day, leaving it at room temperature should be fine. However, if you're making a larger batch to last for multiple days, storing it in the fridge might be a safer option to prevent any potential bacterial growth.

Just ensure that the container you use for storage is clean and sanitized before transferring the chai into it. Additionally, if you're reheating the chai, make sure to heat only the amount you need to avoid repeated heating of the entire batch.

Overall, it sounds like a practical solution to enjoy your favorite drink hassle-free. Give it a try and see how it works for you!

+ Post Reply