Calling on all noobs and not so noobs!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jan 15th, '22, 21:35

Re: Calling on all noobs and not so noobs!

by JV2050 » Jan 15th, '22, 21:35

Hey what’s good everyone! I’m new on the tea journey and am looking to connect and learn more. Glad to be apart.

How long have you been drinking tea?

-Since October 2021

What was your first Tea?

-Earl Gray

What is your favorite Tea currently?

-Pu’er (Nothing specific as of yet )

What is your next purchase?

-Some type of raw Pu’er cake (Never bought a tea cake before so I have no idea what my first should be)

Where is your favorite spot to brew up?

-I love to brew up in my dining room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 26th, '22, 05:42

by kelly21 » Jan 26th, '22, 05:42

Hello Guys.

Mar 5th, '22, 13:03

by wǒhēchá » Mar 5th, '22, 13:03

Hi all! My names L and though I’ve been lurking your forums for a while, I finally decided to make an account so I can ask obscure questions when I have them, share what knowledge I have, and maybe score myself some quality yixing or cakes that old tea heads are getting rid of 8)

Drinking? Since I was a preteen. So about 15 years. Enjoying? May 2020. But I only started diving into quality, well-sourced tea and gong fu brewing in late-2020. I was using a borosilicate measuring cup and a fine strainer before I had a gaiwan and all the trappings

What was your first Tea?
Not sure, but likely some Japanese green with my grandmother when I was a child. She lived in Japan back in the Nixon administration and loved Japanese culture. But it’s low quality (likely inauthentic,) bulk Dragonwell and mass-produced, essential oil-sprayed Jasmine that ignited an interest in tea for me. I was and am a barista of specialty coffee that loves to drink fine beverages, but I needed to switch to something that wouldn’t tax my adrenal system so heavily

Shu Pu Erhs and Dancong Oolongs, certainly. Anything that is pressed in a cake though, honestly. I found pressed teas brew better in the gong fu process

I have a 100g cake of Shu Yabao (an uncaffeinated close relative of Camellia sinensis) on the way from Verdant Tea based in Minneapolis

At my kitchenette. That’s where my kettles are. I’d love to make a spot in my studio or bedroom but I’d need another kettle base and they aren’t exactly cheap!

Aug 2nd, '22, 12:33

by CODEx » Aug 2nd, '22, 12:33

I have been drinking tea for many years, but I have only really been paying attention to the quality and type of tea I have been purchasing over the past couple of years. My mom used to brew me some herbal teas when I was sick as a kid so I can't pin-point my first cup, but I would say I have been caring more about what I drink since I was around 15 years old (18 now).

What was your first Tea?

I couldn't remember the first tea have had. The first tea that really blew me away was a black tea mix from a local shop with a rich and spicy red fruit flavor called "Garden Grove". From there, I found Japanese green teas which are my favorite.

I love Gyokuro! I don't know nearly enough about it, but whenever I brew myself a cup of Yame Gyokuro (again from a local shop) I know I am going to have a great day. I also have been a big fan of the Silver Needles I picked up a few weeks ago, it is my first white tea and I am looking forward to trying more. I even bought a Yixin pot to brew in, which really elevates the brewing experience for that white tea.

No clue yet! Hopefully this forum will lead me in the right direction :D

I wish I had one, moving to a new apartment soon so hopefully I can establish a tea routine.

Aug 6th, '22, 15:58

by DigitalSparks » Aug 6th, '22, 15:58

Hello everyone!
I have drank tea all my life... but, it was Lipton Southern-style tea.

What was your first Tea?
Technically Black Tea, (Lipton) however my first loose leaf brew was Earl Grey Supreme by Harney & Sons.

I have a few at the moment, Green Tea- Silver Dragon (Mo Li Yin Hao), Black Tea- Earl Grey Supreme, Oolong- Da Hong Pao

More samples from various vendors most likely.

I have only just started so I haven't been anywhere exotic unless you count my creating a Tea nook in my Kitchen.

Dec 16th, '22, 08:44

by pepson » Dec 16th, '22, 08:44

Hello everyone.

I am "pepson" and I have been reading this forum long time.

I used to drink shu pu erh many years ago.
But now I have drink tea 3 years

What was your first Tea?
Shu Pu Erh

It matters on ocassion. Mostly dark tea-Liu Bao, Liu An, Fu...

Some matcha is coming, and a lot of Liu Bao and Fu Cha.

At home and in office.

Nov 7th, '23, 19:49

by TheAmazingTeaCo » Nov 7th, '23, 19:49

I've been drinking tea for a long time, especially flavored Rooibos and as an iced latte.

My first tea experience was with Bush tea in the rural community of St. Thomas, Jamaica, where we often used herbs and tea bushes for medicinal purposes. I had asthma as a child, so it was primarily for health reasons.

My current favorite tea is Green Mango, a delightful blend of green sencha tea and green mango pieces that are both delicious and refreshing.

As the founder of The Amazing Tea Company, my next purchase could be anything from wellness teas to unique and flavorful options.

My favorite spot to brew up is in my kitchen, which often feels like a lab. It's where new flavors are created, and my family serves as my willing taste testers.

+ Post Reply