Thurzzzday TeaDay 4/17/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Silly question, do you like TeaDay?

Yes, I look forward to TeaDay every day
42%
Yes, I like TeaDay
44%
No, I do not like TeaDay
4%
Other
10%

Total votes: 52

Apr 17th, '08, 05:54
Scrolling: scrolling

Thurzzzday TeaDay 4/17/08

by Chip » Apr 17th, '08, 05:54

Yesterday, most responders indicated they expected some change in their TeaTastes over the next year. The discussion was very interesting. You may still vote and respond to yesterday's topic.

Welcome one and all to TeaDay, be sure to share what is in your cup all day. If you must, you can reflect back on your TeaDay as well. Remember to check out what everyone else is sipping today as well.

Today's teaPoll and discussion topic is simply...TeaDay. Just a little check up to see how you like TeaDay, the TeaPoll, etc. Today is a good day to share any thoughts about TeaDay. Suggestions are welcome.

A little trivia, TeaDay will likely surpass Teaware as the most posted forum on TeaChat in around a week or 10 days...and TeaDay is only 2.5 months old!!! Thank you everyone for your participation. You have made TeaDay a success.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on TeaDay.

Apr 17th, '08, 06:25

by brandon » Apr 17th, '08, 06:25

Sorry Chip, first of what I expect to be a very small number of No votes from me. I take a look at the quiz every few days, and am surprised to see the thoughtfulness of questions weeks into the experiment. I will sometimes vote on the question, but rarely reply to the thread.

I am far more likely to respond to threads where I can contribute knowledge that has not yet been posted to the thread, and much less likely to make frivolous posts. The IM, however, is fair game :D

Please take this as a confession to my own quirks instead of an indictment of the wildly popular TeaDay.

Apr 17th, '08, 06:35

by olivierco » Apr 17th, '08, 06:35

As I have been posting in teaday quite every day, my answer is yes.
It is true that teaday can be sometimes frivolous, but it also often leads to more specific or technical discussions. It is also a great place to discover some new teas, sellers and to have fun.

This morning Keemun, now houjicha with my lunch.

EDIT typo
Last edited by olivierco on Apr 17th, '08, 06:49, edited 1 time in total.

Apr 17th, '08, 06:41

by Trey Winston » Apr 17th, '08, 06:41

I like TeaDay a lot and check it frequently. Not everything about a forum has to be strictly on topic, and the best forums I frequent on a regular basis always have some OT/general chat section which has much higher activity than the strictly on-topic sections. TeaDay is a lot like those, and I like it. Almost as much as I like Silver Needle, which is what I'm gulping down today.

Apr 17th, '08, 06:44

by Trioxin » Apr 17th, '08, 06:44

I always look forward to teaday. Frivolous posting can give us a chance to get to know one another, so no complaints here. Its always fun to see what others are drinking as well.

Today for me, Rohini Emerald 2nd flush green Darjeeling

Apr 17th, '08, 08:07

by TimeforTea » Apr 17th, '08, 08:07

Yes, I love teaday! Even on days when I don't have time to read other forum posts, I always stop by teaday in the morning. With there being so much to learn about tea, it's nice to take a little break for some enjoyable and friendly tea chatting.

Additionally, not many of us know other people who share our passion for tea in the non internet world. That being said, it's nice to be able to "share" our tea with others who understand our obsession.

In my cup this morning is Jade Supreme. This leaf definitely needs to be weight on my trusty 400-Z scale.

Hope you had a happy birthday, Katrina!!

Apr 17th, '08, 08:16

by ThinkingOutLoud » Apr 17th, '08, 08:16

As a complete newbie here, I really like TeaDay. It gives me a way to enter the forum without feeling obnoxious or intimidated. It also gives me a way to feel fully involved straight away, vice having to rely on the usual intro thread which leaves one feeling lost in a forum wilderness. That may be a downside for you veterans, but there it is. On top of all of that, I enjoy reading what everyone's drinking as it is already expanding my horizons.

This morning for me, (cue broken record) Irish Breakfast.

Apr 17th, '08, 09:01

by omegapd » Apr 17th, '08, 09:01

Yep, it's fun and I look forward to it when taking my break from work.

This morning is Chinese Keemun with breakfast. I didn't care for it too much compared to other "breakfast style" teas.

Apr 17th, '08, 09:37

by witches brew » Apr 17th, '08, 09:37

I enjoy TeaDay. As a n00b here, this is the one forum that helps figure out who is who (though I STILL can't tell Pentox from Olivierco with any certainty. LOL) and also see what's popular in tea.

Since I have rather unique tastes, it's good to know what the mainstream is drinking. Last evening I went tea shopping with a friend who is new to loose leaf tea. She mentioned that she likes oolong, and I was able to suggest TKY, based on the number of people who enjoy it here.

This morning, I am sampling Adagio's Blood Orange tisane. I think it will blend nicely with just a pinch of lemongrass and Silver Needle. I really need some more inspiration for other teas to use in my tea/tisane blends. I always reach for Silver Needle.

Apr 17th, '08, 09:42

by olivierco » Apr 17th, '08, 09:42

witches brew wrote:I enjoy TeaDay. As a n00b here, this is the one forum that helps figure out who is who (though I STILL can't tell Pentox from Olivierco with any certainty. LOL) and also see what's popular in tea.
:lol:

Kaburagien sencha right now.

Apr 17th, '08, 09:43

by Salsero » Apr 17th, '08, 09:43

Boy, Chip, you're going right for the tough relationship questions today. Autumn 2006 Castleton ordered direct from Thunderbolt Tea in Darjeeling. This is not one of those sissified Darjs.

The pu'erh tasting project is off the ground and I'm here to tell you TeaChatters that life is good. 8)

Apr 17th, '08, 10:17

by henley » Apr 17th, '08, 10:17

I enjoy TeaDay. It's helped give a voice to us newbies. I've also been able to "meet" other chatters thru this forum & it's helped expand my tea horizons. Adagio's oolong #8 is now one of my favorites & I have a sample of yunnan gold & white blueberry that I'll try before the weekend.

I also like the diversity. Before TeaDay, it seemed there was no place for anyone who didn't like green tea. Now we can all chime in regardless of what's in our cup.

Regarding the comment of frivolous polls, it's nice to see them occasionally. After all, some of us can take ourselves & our teas waaaaay too seriously. It's nice to have a light hearted moment in a stressful day & get a chance to know each other better.

Off to fill my empty cup. Played w/some of my samples this morning & made my own version of berries & cream using Adagio's forest berries & vanilla. TTFN!

Apr 17th, '08, 10:18

by Victoria » Apr 17th, '08, 10:18

Yes, of course! I look forward to TeaDay every day.

TD is an opportunity to meet other members and see what they are drinking and get to know them a little better. It is also a place to learn about different teas and new teas and maybe be inspired to try a few you might not have otherwise.

All are welcome to the one place where the forums unite! Everyone from newbie to the most experienced, no matter what your specific tea preference, or brewing style, you can post here what is in your cup and share a common bond.

I would like to see more participation here, we are a community and this is our meeting room. We all love tea, let's come and talk about it!

This morning in my cup - Yunnan Golden Tips.

Have a lovely day all!

Apr 17th, '08, 10:25

by Ron Gilmour » Apr 17th, '08, 10:25

I post here more days than not, so yes, I like TeaDay. I think it's fun to have a general forum in addition to the more specialized ones.

This morning I'm enjoying 2007 Menghai Feet of Crab Pu-Erh, my first foray into the sampling set from puershop that we're working on over in the pu-erh group. I'm going to spend a couple more days with it before I write my review though.

Apr 17th, '08, 11:03

by CynTEAa » Apr 17th, '08, 11:03

TeaDay is something I look forward to everyday. It has created a place were all can contribute regardless of tea experience. It is very interesting to me to hear what everyone has in their cup and their responses to the polls.

The frivolous posts keep it lighthearted and help reveal a bit more personality of the chatters. I enjoy both frivolous and serious posts. :) It is nice when everyone is 'playful.'

It is wonderful to have a connection to other tea enthusiasts - even if they are noobies! Thanks, Chip, for the creation of TeaDay and your dedication to it!

So far this morning, I've doubled my Yunnan Gold intake and am preparing for something else. I should have something green, but will likely head for an oolong. Happy TeaDay, everyone!