Chrysanthemum

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.


Apr 23rd, '08, 21:52
Posts: 29
Joined: Jan 18th, '08

Chrysanthemum

by rosenkraftlos » Apr 23rd, '08, 21:52

I recently heard something about mixing chrysanthemum flowers into Pu Erh tea. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks

User avatar
Apr 23rd, '08, 22:38
Posts: 1591
Joined: Jan 28th, '07
Location: Fort Worth, TX

by Space Samurai » Apr 23rd, '08, 22:38

Yeah. It was all right, but not the best chrysanthemum and tea I've had. I would try it again sometime.

User avatar
Apr 24th, '08, 09:43
Posts: 1945
Joined: May 22nd, '06
Location: Trapped inside a bamboo tong!
Contact: hop_goblin

by hop_goblin » Apr 24th, '08, 09:43

Many different things are added to Pu-erh. Personally, I have tried puerh with rose petals, stuffed in oranges, and the chrysanthemums. However, I must say that none are as delicious as high quality aged sheng. :wink:

Apr 24th, '08, 19:26
Posts: 29
Joined: Jan 18th, '08

by rosenkraftlos » Apr 24th, '08, 19:26

Thanks.

I tried it, it's okay, not great, not horrible. To be honest I don't think I'm a huge fan of chrysanthemum.

I'll have to try it with rose petals and stuffed in oranges. How exactly do you stuff it in oranges?

User avatar
Apr 25th, '08, 13:27
Posts: 1945
Joined: May 22nd, '06
Location: Trapped inside a bamboo tong!
Contact: hop_goblin

by hop_goblin » Apr 25th, '08, 13:27

rosenkraftlos wrote:Thanks.

I tried it, it's okay, not great, not horrible. To be honest I don't think I'm a huge fan of chrysanthemum.

I'll have to try it with rose petals and stuffed in oranges. How exactly do you stuff it in oranges?


I wouldn't recommend stuffing the oranges yourself. You wouldn't need to actually since they are very common.

http://tinyurl.com/3s6msp

User avatar
Apr 25th, '08, 14:00
Posts: 523
Joined: Apr 10th, '08
Location: Sweden
Contact: Beidao

by Beidao » Apr 25th, '08, 14:00

Rosenkraftlos: before I googled your nick and found it to mean "rose of blood" in German, I thought it was a net version combination of two Swedish words, rosen and kraftlös ("the rose" and "without power"). Google is useful sometimes...

Apr 26th, '08, 22:28
Posts: 29
Joined: Jan 18th, '08

by rosenkraftlos » Apr 26th, '08, 22:28

hop_goblin wrote:
I wouldn't recommend stuffing the oranges yourself. You wouldn't need to actually since they are very common.

http://tinyurl.com/3s6msp


Thanks, I will have to buy some of those when I get the chance.

Beidao wrote:
Rosenkraftlos: before I googled your nick and found it to mean "rose of blood" in German, I thought it was a net version combination of two Swedish words, rosen and kraftlös ("the rose" and "without power"). Google is useful sometimes...


Interesting… when I created this account I was under the impression that rosenkraftlos meant "rose of blood" in German, however someone told me that it meant "strengthless roses". Perhaps it means both?

+ Post Reply