Gingerbread Tea

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.


Dec 7th, '05, 21:21

Gingerbread Tea

by Deleted User #425 » Dec 7th, '05, 21:21

If a representative from adagio could address the following it would be greatly appreciated.

I just received a sample of "Gingerbread Tea" with a tea pot that I ordered from adiago. While I am not an enthusiast of flavored teas, I'll give it a go since the base black tea looks of good quality. My concern is the other ingredients. I have a bad reaction to cloves and nutmeg, the name and the tea's smell implies a "baked" good that usually contains nutmeg. Does this tea contain the aforementioned spices? If not, what gives the tea it's flavor and smell other than ginger. the quote at the beginning of this particular forum does not fill me with confidence, "With modern technology, flavored teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable." This tends to bring up visions of Lucky Charms and Super Orange Crisp cereal, if you understand my meaning...

Oh, and the tea pot is wonderful :D

Thank You,
TM

Dec 8th, '05, 00:14

by Deleted User #115 » Dec 8th, '05, 00:14

Hi TeaMystic,
I'm not an adagio rep or anything but I am a customer who loves gingerbread tea. I can tell you that if you look closely at the bits that aren't tea leaves you'll find dried orange peel, dried ginger, and bits of cinnamon stick. I believe their flavored teas are generally flavored both with natural dried pieces and flavor extracts. As for the mixture of spices, I'll leave that one to the folks at Adagio to answer tomorrow once they're back at work. While I do not distinctly taste cloves, it is very possible the tea does contain nutmeg and perhaps a little bit of cloves. I hope you're not allergic to this tea, but if you are you can always use it for a tea exchange item maybe? Or a lovely Christmas gift to a friend because as you noticed it is made from lovely tea leaves. Glad you are enjoying your new teapot!
Cheers!
~Lady Arden

User avatar
Dec 8th, '05, 01:15
Adagio
Posts: 475
Joined: May 20th, '05, 16:14
Location: New York, NY
Contact: ilya

by ilya » Dec 8th, '05, 01:15

LadyArden is correct, the flavor is the result of both flavoring extract and pieces added to the tea. I believe we use cinnamon, ginger, and orange pieces. However, if you generally have a strong allergy reaction to some foods, I would advice you to play it safe and skip this one.

User avatar
Dec 8th, '05, 13:12
Posts: 218
Joined: Jul 15th, '05, 19:36
Location: Austin, Texas

by PeteVu » Dec 8th, '05, 13:12

nice call lady arden! im impressed.
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

Dec 8th, '05, 15:32

by Deleted User #425 » Dec 8th, '05, 15:32

Thank you all for the information, it's greatly appreciated.

+ Post Reply