Greetings
I'm interested in blending white tea with a very small amount of oolong, specifically snowbud and jasmine #12. The proportions are roughly 90/10.
One problem I have come across in my experimentation is steeping time. So far I have had best results steeping the mix for roughly 3 1/2 to 4 minutes, but it's still far from ideal.
How can I bring out the full flavor of the white tea without over-steeping the oolong and ruining the whole thing? Should I keep searching for that perfect steeping time or maybe consider a different approach such as steeping the white for a few minutes and then adding the oolong to the pot for a few more?
Has anyone else experimented with this?
If you are only using 10% oolong, what is your objective? Are you just looking to add a soft amount of jasmine? Because the oolong is more than likely going to overpower a delicate white even in that ratio.
- Victoria -
http://victoriasown.blogspot.com/
http://victoriasown.blogspot.com/