Review: Haiwan Peacock Quest 2006 form YSLLC

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.


User avatar
Sep 20th, '08, 15:12
Posts: 1693
Joined: Jun 24th, '08

Review: Haiwan Peacock Quest 2006 form YSLLC

by edkrueger » Sep 20th, '08, 15:12

2/5 Leaves: Some good leaves pressed on the top and middle layers of the cake. Center is close to dust.
3/5 Dry Aroma: Present, creamy and pu-erh like
3/5 Wet Aroma: A little fragrant
8/10 Taste: Smooth, little astringency, subtitle sweetness like caramel and sweet butter, slight smokiness
8/10 Mouthfeel: Very slight dryness
6/10 Gan: Present not very sweet
5/5 Resteep: Its a pu-erh

35/50

User avatar
Sep 20th, '08, 17:04
Posts: 1636
Joined: Feb 15th, '08
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Review: Haiwan Peacock Quest 2006 form YSLLC

by shogun89 » Sep 20th, '08, 17:04

edkrueger wrote:2/5 Leaves: Some good leaves pressed on the top and middle layers of the cake. Center is close to dust.
3/5 Dry Aroma: Present, creamy and pu-erh like
3/5 Wet Aroma: A little fragrant
8/10 Taste: Smooth, little astringency, subtitle sweetness like caramel and sweet butter, slight smokiness
8/10 Mouthfeel: Very slight dryness
6/10 Gan: Present not very sweet
5/5 Resteep: Its a pu-erh

35/50


Hmmm, Thanks for the review, well done!

User avatar
Sep 20th, '08, 17:11
Posts: 5214
Joined: Dec 20th, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida

by Salsero » Sep 20th, '08, 17:11

I like your system. "Taste," "Mouthfeel," and "Gan" get double credit because you judge them more important than the others. Right?

Thanks for the great review! I love to see the reviews pile up. That makes TeaChat a repository where we can go search for a name we are thinking of buying and get someone's feedback.


*There's already a sticky thread for YSLLC reviews. You might want to copy this one over there then have Chip or Mary R delete this thread. More people are likely to see your review in the other thread because many members don't check regularly for new posts but do get email notes when someone posts to an existing thread they have marked to watch. Don't anyone hesitate to tell me I am wrong if my logic is off here.

User avatar
Sep 20th, '08, 17:25
Posts: 1693
Joined: Jun 24th, '08

by edkrueger » Sep 20th, '08, 17:25

Salsero wrote:I like your system. "Taste," "Mouthfeel," and "Gan" get double credit because you judge them more important than the others. Right?
Yep and thanks.

There's already a sticky thread for YSLLC reviews. You might want to copy this one over there then have Chip or Mary R delete this thread. More people are likely to see your review in the other thread because many members don't check regularly for new posts but do get email notes when someone posts to an existing thread they have marked to watch. Don't anyone hesitate to tell me I am wrong if my logic is off here.[/size]

I don't really like that thread. It doesn't appeal to my sense of organization. I'd really prefer if people did it in new threads. Then Its like a blog post: the main information, then comments.

User avatar
Sep 20th, '08, 17:42
Posts: 5214
Joined: Dec 20th, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida

by Salsero » Sep 20th, '08, 17:42

edkrueger wrote: I don't really like that thread. It doesn't appeal to my sense of organization. I'd really prefer if people did it in new threads. Then Its like a blog post: the main information, then comments.
Good points all.

+ Post Reply