boil water in a teapot?

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.


Feb 3rd, '06, 11:28

boil water in a teapot?

by teafrenzy » Feb 3rd, '06, 11:28

Or are teapots only for holding already boiled water?
I don't want to try this out and end up with a broken teapot.
not when it's so cute!

and.

does adagio have chocolate mint tea? I had some once on vacation last summer, and haven't been able to find any since.

Feb 3rd, '06, 11:45

by Deleted User #115 » Feb 3rd, '06, 11:45

What teapot do you have? Generally kettles are for putting on the stove and teapots are just for putting hot water and tea leaves into. If your teapot is really cute, it's probably not a kettle and would not survive a stove. Sorry!

Feb 3rd, '06, 11:54

by teafrenzy » Feb 3rd, '06, 11:54

thanks lady A, that's kind of what I thought.

Feb 3rd, '06, 12:38

by Deleted User #115 » Feb 3rd, '06, 12:38

You're welcome. Oh, I forgot to add about the chocolate mint. They don't have it already blended but they sell both chocolate and mint teas, which are not only easy to blend, but it's nice you can mix proportions how you want. Maybe this isn't what you're thinking of, but it's pretty good and easy to try. I mix flavors like orange and vanilla, and a lot of people mix mint and gunpowder.
Chocolate is here:
http://www.adagio.com/flavors/chocolate.html
And mint is here:
Peppermint : http://www.adagio.com/herbal/peppermint.html
Or Spearimint: http://www.adagio.com/herbal/spearmint.html
Hope this helps. Ps. I haven't tried their plain chocolate tea, but I've tried their Valenties tea which is chocolate and strawberry -and it's fantastic.

User avatar
Feb 3rd, '06, 13:36
Posts: 44
Joined: Jan 23rd, '06, 01:56
Location: South Texas

by Kai » Feb 3rd, '06, 13:36

there's also Cocomint Green.
Sounds tasty

Feb 6th, '06, 17:59

by teafrenzy » Feb 6th, '06, 17:59

i'm ordering the samples right now!

Feb 6th, '06, 21:04

by marz910 » Feb 6th, '06, 21:04

You've proboly made your order already but I just wanted to say that the rooibos cocomint is a very nice tea.

Feb 8th, '06, 22:04
Posts: 99
Joined: Jan 14th, '06, 08:52
Location: OH

by garden gal » Feb 8th, '06, 22:04

My favorite tea is the 3/4 cocomint, 1/4 chocolate.
The rooibos is my favorite after supper combo. Occasionally I'll add the vanilla to it for a little extra smoothness. I always loved my chocolate peppermint from the plant itself that was taking over my garden but I think this is much better. I don't have anymore of my own left but this coming season I'll have to do taste testing and add some chocolate to my own.

+ Post Reply