Correct.PolyhymnianMuse wrote:I suppose the idea behind this thread is to be geared more towards the new cakes out that are worth mentioning, not just a new pu free-for-allslurp wrote:there's thousands of new puerh cakes out there - surely we cant organise them all in one thread???
Sep 26th, '08, 22:23
Posts: 1633
Joined: Feb 15th, '08, 10:15
Location: Pennsylvania
Sep 28th, '08, 20:00
Posts: 1633
Joined: Feb 15th, '08, 10:15
Location: Pennsylvania
I don't care for border tea, but it is a pretty good value. Anyone had aged border tea? If this stuff ages well I'll invest, but all young border tea that I've had just kind of tastes brutal.shogun89 wrote:heres a good looking deal.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-Early-Spring-R ... dZViewItem
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the term Border tea refers to tea that was grown south of the border eg in Vietnam or Burma, not this tea which appears to be grown in Yunnanthanks wrote:I don't care for border tea, but it is a pretty good value.shogun89 wrote:heres a good looking deal.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-Early-Spring-R ... dZViewItem
Sep 30th, '08, 20:36
Posts: 1633
Joined: Feb 15th, '08, 10:15
Location: Pennsylvania
This is what I am going to ask for for Christmas from YSLLC. It may vary a bit however, by then.
2008 Menghai Tea Factory * 8582 * Raw Pu-erh Tea cake $10.50
2008 Haiwan * 958 Menghai Raw Pu-erh tea tuo * 500g $9.90
2008 Mengku Mu Ye Chun "Old Tree Green Cake" Raw Pu-erh $13.20
2008 Mengku "Old Tree, Green Cake" Raw Pu-erh * 400g $12.00
2008 Haiwan Tea Factory * 9928 Blended Ripe Pu-erh tea (*2) $11.70
2008 Menghai Tea Factory * 8582 * Raw Pu-erh Tea cake $10.50
2008 Haiwan * 958 Menghai Raw Pu-erh tea tuo * 500g $9.90
2008 Mengku Mu Ye Chun "Old Tree Green Cake" Raw Pu-erh $13.20
2008 Mengku "Old Tree, Green Cake" Raw Pu-erh * 400g $12.00
2008 Haiwan Tea Factory * 9928 Blended Ripe Pu-erh tea (*2) $11.70
Mengyang Gouyan 66 blend 2007
A good deal of bitterness, especially in the first few infusions. Gongfu brew started with a rinse of 5 seconds. Following brews: seconds, 10, 15, 25, 35, 45, 60
I found it grassy with some earthiness and mineral notes. No melon or anything else you'd like to find. I'm hoping that changes. More pics on my forum http://www.beanleafgrape.com/forum


A good deal of bitterness, especially in the first few infusions. Gongfu brew started with a rinse of 5 seconds. Following brews: seconds, 10, 15, 25, 35, 45, 60
I found it grassy with some earthiness and mineral notes. No melon or anything else you'd like to find. I'm hoping that changes. More pics on my forum http://www.beanleafgrape.com/forum


Oct 1st, '08, 19:52
Posts: 529
Joined: Jul 23rd, '08, 17:07
Location: The Isle of Malta