Oct 28th, '08, 16:45

by TeaCompulsion » Oct 28th, '08, 16:45

silverneedles wrote: do the bags have any smell to them?
None that I can detect. I'm sure dogs would argue with me.
if you fill it with air and squeeze the sides between 2 fingers does air leak out?
No, none -- they withstand quite a lot of violence as well.

I like containers with differing appearances so I don't have to check labels, and canister shapes for ease of scooping tea out, but for pure considerations of what is best for the tea itself, these bags are the best I've seen.

Oct 29th, '08, 01:15

by Trioxin » Oct 29th, '08, 01:15

Salsero wrote:
Trioxin wrote: I just use some simple three dollar black tins from Rishi.
Beautiful layout. I feel like it mirrors the design of your classic cups. Thanks for the photo.
Thanks. I need to take an updated pic. More pots, more cups, and more tins. The cups now have their own shelf.

Oct 29th, '08, 02:25
Scrolling: scrolling

by ABx » Oct 29th, '08, 02:25

Chip wrote:A recent lengthy topic. what do you store your loose tea in ?
...and another here:
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t=2797

I won't post the links again (I posted in both threads above), but my favorites come from Tao of Tea, SpecialTeas, Enjoying Tea, Imperial Tea Court, and Rishi. Upton has pry-top tins that are great tins but they're not much to look at and they don't stack.

Oct 29th, '08, 02:33

by ABx » Oct 29th, '08, 02:33

TeaCompulsion wrote:For extremely effective but cheap, I'm not sure anyone could beat http://teasource.com/merchant2/merchant ... ct_Count=4

Teasource is my local tea shop, so I have quite a few of those bags, and no scent at all gets through them. Note, though, that the smallest size is useless because it's clear on one side. The other sizes don't have that problem.

You can get almost the exact same thing for much cheaper here (under "Featured Specials"):
http://sorbentsystems.com/standupbags_order.html

The smallest ones here don't have any clear plastic :)

Thanks to Salsero for that. He sent me some samples in the small ones and I thought they were perfect. I just ordered the AA (smallest) size for samples. I prefer tins because it's too easy for me to not seal bags all the way. I think this will make it easier to organize all of the samples I've accumulated.

Oct 29th, '08, 15:25

by TeaCompulsion » Oct 29th, '08, 15:25

Thanks for the link ABx -- that's a much better price if you need a lot of them.

I like being able to buy just a few from teasource, but if you need a lot, it makes much more sense to buy a batch of 100.

Oct 31st, '08, 22:25

MR Tea Tins

by MR.T » Oct 31st, '08, 22:25

My Tins from GEO-TEA I use one for Matcha, One for Kenya Black and Oolong. I have about 10 of these tins but only showing my 3 newest tins.

How do i post images guys, thanks. :-)

Oct 31st, '08, 22:37

Re: MR Tea Tins

by Salsero » Oct 31st, '08, 22:37

MR.T wrote: How do i post images guys, thanks.
Open a free Photobucket account and upload the photos to the Photobucket account. Copy the IMG link that accompanies your photo and paste it in your post here. The photo remains at Photobucket, but magically looks like it is here.

It's not a bad idea to resize the photo (either in your own software or in Photobucket) to no more that 600 pixels in the longest dimension, otherwise people using Internet Explorer get some minor but irritating image size problems. You can also upload the photo to photobucket and copy and paste a "Direct Link" here; the photo won't appear in TeaChat, but the link will take people to it.

You can paste a small (600 px) photo in here and link to a larger image (if you have both in photobucket) or a different image or a slide show by filling your Direct Links into the following formula in a TeaChat post:

DIRECT LINK BIG PIC[/color]][img]DIRECT%20LINK%20SMALL%20PIC[/img]

Oct 31st, '08, 23:19

Re: MR Tea Tins

by MR.T » Oct 31st, '08, 23:19

Thanks much! I will try to upload that tomorrow.
Salsero wrote:
MR.T wrote: How do i post images guys, thanks.
Open a free Photobucket account and upload the photos to the Photobucket account. Copy the IMG link that accompanies your photo and paste it in your post here. The photo remains at Photobucket, but magically looks like it is here.

It's not a bad idea to resize the photo (either in your own software or in Photobucket) to no more that 600 pixels in the longest dimension, otherwise people using Internet Explorer get some minor but irritating image size problems. You can also upload the photo to photobucket and copy and paste a "Direct Link" here; the photo won't appear in TeaChat, but the link will take people to it.

You can paste a small (600 px) photo in here and link to a larger image (if you have both in photobucket) or a different image or a slide show by filling your Direct Links into the following formula in a TeaChat post:

DIRECT LINK BIG PIC[/color]][img]DIRECT%20LINK%20SMALL%20PIC[/img]

+ Post Reply