Forever Green Bags?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Nov 19th, '08, 13:27

Forever Green Bags?

by JH225 » Nov 19th, '08, 13:27

Hi,

New here with a thought.

In much reading, it has been said many times that Green tea in particular starts to really lose its flavor after only a month or two.

We have recently started using those Forever Green bgas that you see around and believe it or not they actually work as advertised. :shock: Bananas stay for 1 1/2 weeks, mixed salad for 2 weeks, all kinds of other veggies stay fresh for insane lengths of time.

The idea I guess is that the bags don't allow a certain chemical breakdown.

Anyone try the bags with tea? Not quite sure as the tea is already dried, but if it works for fruit, why not for tea.

Nov 19th, '08, 19:47
Location: the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

by Sydney » Nov 19th, '08, 19:47

My mom tried those with some bananas, and the results were impressively horrific. :lol:

Nov 19th, '08, 20:41
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » Nov 19th, '08, 20:41

Hmmmm, interesting. As best as I understand it, the ripening agent for bananas is ethylene gas, which the fruit produces as it ages (a self-ripening process).

I don't believe tea does this. Most likely oxygen is breaking down some key components of green tea.

I looked around a bit for how the "forever green" bags worked, but didn't see anything. But it seems like they're probably two different pathways.

But don't let me stop you from trying (:

+ Post Reply