In a totally serious way, I do see the concept of 1 cake being a sample very realistic...shogun89 wrote:Well I'm glad to hear there is some interest in this topic now, it kinda got hit rather hard earlier on. I am not a big fan of samples because of the price. For example.
25 g sample- $3.99
357 g cake-$15
Yes, its good to try before you buy but when its a cheap cake your talking about I say take the chance and save some money. So what I'm saying is, 1 cake is a sample for me.
I am still a little skeptical of the idea of becoming the middle man ..
However ...
I was think, this would be a better way to experience some cakes not normally offered as samples.
For instance, buy 5-10 higher end cakes, and then make the samples sizes here and ship from US.
I would be more likely to blow $8 on a 1/10th of an $80.00 cake, or even $16 for 70 grams of a nice cake.
Your intial shipping will be optimized as being over the intial 1kilo bump. I would even recommend the EMS to get good tracking and fast delivery on higher end stuff. You do not want to be responsible for a $1000 order that never shows up ...
like any other venture, it might be worth while to "run the numbers" to see what it would look like.
10 people commit to $100 @ , and see what we could get.
Of course, getting ten tea drinkers to agree on what cakes to order would be the next thing ...
However ...
I was think, this would be a better way to experience some cakes not normally offered as samples.
For instance, buy 5-10 higher end cakes, and then make the samples sizes here and ship from US.
I would be more likely to blow $8 on a 1/10th of an $80.00 cake, or even $16 for 70 grams of a nice cake.
Your intial shipping will be optimized as being over the intial 1kilo bump. I would even recommend the EMS to get good tracking and fast delivery on higher end stuff. You do not want to be responsible for a $1000 order that never shows up ...
like any other venture, it might be worth while to "run the numbers" to see what it would look like.
10 people commit to $100 @ , and see what we could get.
Of course, getting ten tea drinkers to agree on what cakes to order would be the next thing ...
I think that the samples are alright, but I have never purchased a full cake after trying a sample. While I agree that they are a big ripoff, A full cake is 357g, at 6g a gong fu session, 7 infusions, that is almost 420 (
) infusions, and that is a lot. $15-30 isn't that much, but I would only buy a full cake if everyone was ranting and raving like Songpin, which I hope to get next time I get paid.