Dec 3rd, '08, 01:13

Looking for a tea table...

by PolyhymnianMuse » Dec 3rd, '08, 01:13

So I pretty much gong fu everything anymore, which I should probably add that I've mostly been drinking oolongs and pu'erh lately, and I'm looking for a nice tea table for convenience and also so I don't have such a mess with water everywhere all the time :wink:

I've looked at a couple different places, a lot of the really nicely designed and visually appealing ones turn out to have a plastic tray that collects the water. I do not want this kind. What I really want is the kind that you connect the tube to so the water drains itself. What kind of tea tables do you guys use, and can you suggest a nice quality one?

Dec 3rd, '08, 10:53

by Maitre_Tea » Dec 3rd, '08, 10:53

Try looking for a tea table on Yunnan Sourcing. They have tea tables that have that connective tube, and they seemed to be well priced. There have been many prior discussions on this topic so if you search for it that will help as well. I myself use a ceramic "bowl". It's a pain because I need to dump it out after every session, but it saves space, which is pretty crucial in a college dorm situation. Once I'm settled I'm hoping to buy a "pimped out" tea table, one with dragons carved into the table and what have you

Dec 3rd, '08, 12:31

by Space Samurai » Dec 3rd, '08, 12:31

Here is a great review on tea tables: http://multipleinfusions.com/2008/07/32-tea-tables/

I have the one from Rishi, had it almost two years now, and I still love it. Its sturdy and solid and still looks new. MarshalN tells me that sooner or later this type of tray will start leaking, but I think if it does, that will be several years from now.

Dec 3rd, '08, 17:10

by PolyhymnianMuse » Dec 3rd, '08, 17:10

Maitre_Tea wrote:Try looking for a tea table on Yunnan Sourcing. They have tea tables that have that connective tube, and they seemed to be well priced. There have been many prior discussions on this topic so if you search for it that will help as well. I myself use a ceramic "bowl". It's a pain because I need to dump it out after every session, but it saves space, which is pretty crucial in a college dorm situation. Once I'm settled I'm hoping to buy a "pimped out" tea table, one with dragons carved into the table and what have you
Actually I was looking at the ones Scott had and that seems like my best bet so far. This one and This one seem to be the only two that are the drainable type. I'm looking for a more "pimped out" one like you said but I can't seem to find any that aren't with the plastic tray 8)
Space Samurai wrote:Here is a great review on tea tables: http://multipleinfusions.com/2008/07/32-tea-tables/

I have the one from Rishi, had it almost two years now, and I still love it. Its sturdy and solid and still looks new. MarshalN tells me that sooner or later this type of tray will start leaking, but I think if it does, that will be several years from now.
I actually looked at that review last night a little bit :) Its the only thing I could find with good information when I did a google search. I'll have to do a lot of looking around before I find what I want, or I can settle on something :lol: :roll:

+ Post Reply