Nov 18th, '08, 16:09
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Nov 18th, '08, 16:09

-Voting closes at 8:00 PM PST Wednesday Nov 19TH-

Nov 18th, '08, 23:07

by Janine » Nov 18th, '08, 23:07

Well, everybody's teaware is simply gorgeous. I can't possibly choose. The Limoges is exquisite, the dainty blue is darling, I happen to like yellow china, Royal Cauldon pastel flowers are delightful, pink willow just kills me too, the carnelian glaze is beautiful, dogwood flower is also a favorite, etc etc etc... If I didn't mention yours just know that I think that ALL of it so lovingly put together. I just have to add that I already know lots of reasons to envy Tim but he's just gone way over the top with that Roxbury!

Nov 19th, '08, 14:59

by treazure » Nov 19th, '08, 14:59

I'm glad I'm not the one to choose, but here are my favorites. My first best love of all these exquisite cups is Chameeke's Shelly Dainty Blue, even if it isn't the most valuable one here, it is the one which calls to my heart. The yellow cup is like liquid sunshine, sigh. Second would be......... oh darnit, all are worthy of first! Grumble. OK, then Geekgirlunveiled's red Royal Albert. Tim's exquisite work and that cup....... wow. It really takes my breath away. Trey Winston's blue and Geekgirl's Chelsa Bird are what I think of when I think of the perfect china for a garden High Tea. Most unusual for me is Fencerdenoctum's German Flow Blue with the moustache guard.

I want all of them!!!!

Having been totally bummed at not having any of these exquisite cups, I shall go console myself with the last of my Ali Shan and a chocolate.
Jeanne - I never met a tea pot I didn't like.

Nov 19th, '08, 15:07

by Victoria » Nov 19th, '08, 15:07

Hopefully both of you are VOTING IN THE POLLS 1 & 2
:)

Nov 20th, '08, 07:29

by treazure » Nov 20th, '08, 07:29

EGHADS! I didn't see where to vote till it was too late! DAAAArn it. Any way what I posted yesterday could be factored in? Pweeeze?
Jeanne - I never met a tea pot I didn't like.

Nov 20th, '08, 09:24

by Victoria » Nov 20th, '08, 09:24

Sorry no, but all the winners won by more than one vote, so not to worry!
Be sure to vote in the finalist poll going on now!

Finalist Poll: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t=7091

Nov 23rd, '08, 02:56

by Victoria » Nov 23rd, '08, 02:56

Congratulations to the Teacup Competition winners!!

You can see the winning teacups here:

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t=7126

And vote on the most unusual of the ones submitted here:

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t=7130

Nov 25th, '08, 12:27

by Victoria » Nov 25th, '08, 12:27

Congratulations to the Most Unusual Teacup Competition winners!!
It was a TIE!!!
Congratulations to Carnelian & Fencerdenoctum!

And thanks to all who voted.

You can see the winning teacups here:

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t=7130

Dec 7th, '08, 12:30

by sheila77551 » Dec 7th, '08, 12:30

I hope you will do this again after I have been here one month. I love this thread! Beautiful items.
My mother had a bridal shower given for her in 1946 and apparently it was a custom back in the day to give tea cups. Not matching ones, mind you, but each guest would bring a cup and saucer for the shower. She tells a story of me at age 2, climbing onto her little hutch and somehow knocking down many of her cups. Yikes, I'm sure she was not very happy. But...I am happy to report, some did survive and I have them now. One of the ones she did not like very much is now my favorite.
I hope this will be done another time. I would love to share.
Sheila

Dec 7th, '08, 13:02

by Geekgirl » Dec 7th, '08, 13:02

Share anyways! I think at least a few of the cups entered were in other photos posted around here before the competition. We do like to show off.

Dec 7th, '08, 13:08

by Janine » Dec 7th, '08, 13:08

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:Share anyways!
Excellent idea! We (I) love to see!

Dec 7th, '08, 17:28

by sheila77551 » Dec 7th, '08, 17:28

As soon as I can snag a kid or two running through my house, I will ask them to help me post pics. Meanwhile, I will put them all out, right where they eat. Maybe they will ask why cups and saucers are in their way, then I can pounce on them and get some pics up. :lol:
Sheila

Dec 7th, '08, 20:40

by chamekke » Dec 7th, '08, 20:40

I'd love to see your teacup sets too, Sheila. Please do share them with us! I'm really looking forward to seeing them.

You're right about the custom of giving a cup-and-saucer set as a wedding present... the same was true when my parents married in Canada in 1956. My mother had at least two dozen such sets - and therefore, unsurprisingly, also had TWO china cabinets in her home! When she passed away, I had to do some serious whittling down, since there was no way my own home could accommodate such a big collection. As a result, though, the ones I have now are the ones I truly love the most.

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Dec 9th, '08, 11:11

by sheila77551 » Dec 9th, '08, 11:11

I will definitely share. I have taken the pics and number 1 son has promised me that he will help me tonight, (Tuesday the 9th). Keep your fingers crossed. I hope the many pics I took of just about everything tea related will not overwhelm anyone! :oops:
Sheila

Dec 9th, '08, 15:50

by Janine » Dec 9th, '08, 15:50

chamekke, I grew up with afternoon tea English style at the home of friends, after school. The Mom's parents were from England, so she carried on the family custom. Her collections of teacups were legendary with the people who knew her... when she passed away a few years ago, my friends (her son and daughter) joked that they might not sell the house, just set it up as a shrine. There was so much stuff, and we treasured this about her. :-) She was like a second mother to me.

The same week she passed away, I discovered Chaikhana in its old location in Capitola, CA (now it's in Santa Cruz). David and Marilee are treasure hunters, and I walked into that shop with its treasures all around and I felt my "second Mom" was right there in spirit. When you talk about your mother, it reminds me of her.

+ Post Reply