Dec 14th, '08, 15:18
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Dec 14th, '08, 15:18

This can be thought about tooo much, or tooo little. Like so many things, balance is key. I think this will vary considerbly from person to person based on many variables including even personality. Of course experience, teas, budget, and so many other variables can come into play, but also, how much TIME does one want to spend in the process of finding the ideal kyusu, or proper brewing vessel in general.

I am currently spending a LOT of time searching.

But if I was new
and did not have a clue,
or a kyusu,
I would grab the Den's kyusu
for 19 bucks.

Worry about details later.

Dec 15th, '08, 01:41

by Oni » Dec 15th, '08, 01:41

I guess you are right, I began with similar teaware only after a year of loose leaf tea drinking have I decided for some higher quality teaware. Unglazed teapots affect the taste of the tea, just as yixing clay does, tokoname and banko kyusu are made from very good quality clay, and a cup cannot brew sencha like a teapot, although I tried, the leaves need to be strained, and a great kyusu is a very functional kyusu, every detail is made with green tea in mind.
And as a beginner I started with lower quality tea, after I got aqainted with higher quality tea so did the need for more professional teaware grow.

Dec 15th, '08, 02:03

by Pentox » Dec 15th, '08, 02:03

I actually got this one as my first real kyusu. (I say real because I had picked up some terrible one from a dollar store before). It's a nice little 6oz or so kyusu from tokoname. Really good at 25 bux.

+ Post Reply