Dec 18th, '08, 01:11

Where can I find good deals on genuine Cast Iron Tea Pots?

by Roxy » Dec 18th, '08, 01:11

Hi I agree that Teavana is a pricey when it comes to their teapots, I have been trying to buy an imperial dragon one, but they don't seem to carry the silver on silver/ pewter one. they don't really know too much on their stock or how to order from the main supplier, some employees that said they would get back to me never do. I'm located in Miami, FL. Does anyone know a good store, supplier, or site to purchase either teapots or tea?
keysfleamarket.com

Dec 18th, '08, 20:31
Scrolling: scrolling

by JP » Dec 18th, '08, 20:31

Rishi Tea carries a few tetsubins that all have ceramic linings inside. They are designed as infusers and not water boilers.

TJ Maxx recently had tetsubins in stock for about $19.99 each.

eBay is a good place to start looking for them as well. And you might have some luck with specialty stores that deal with international type home goods.

Dec 28th, '08, 17:00

Enjoyingtea has cast iron tea pots

by teamama » Dec 28th, '08, 17:00

Enjoying Tea (Mod edit by C., please see forum rules under Introduction regarding new members and links)

I've just discovered the site, and am so surprised at how much less their pots are than Teavana's - and they have many of the same styles and designs.

They have good shipping deals, too. I am trying to decide which to buy - I was sent to this TeaChat forum by a friend to try to get more info! :-)

Dec 28th, '08, 19:30

Re: Enjoyingtea has cast iron tea pots

by Chip » Dec 28th, '08, 19:30

teamama wrote:Enjoying Tea (Mod edit, please see forum rules under Introduction regarding new members and links)

I've just discovered the site, and am so surprised at how much less their pots are than Teavana's - and they have many of the same styles and designs.

They have good shipping deals, too. I am trying to decide which to buy - I was sent to this TeaChat forum by a friend to try to get more info! :-)
Welcome to the forum!

The quality of the tetsubins on Enjoying Teas site are of a somewhat lower quality, but the prices appear to be pretty good and certainly less than Teavana's.

Regardless, I am sure they are very functional and a decent value.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Dec 28th, '08, 19:55

by ABx » Dec 28th, '08, 19:55

I've gotten a few things from Enjoying Teas. They seem to get stuff that's on the lower end of mid grade, but for good prices. While I haven't gotten any of their tetsubins, I've generally been pretty happy with their stuff for the price. I love their little sample tins :)

Dec 29th, '08, 02:32

by omegapd » Dec 29th, '08, 02:32

ABx wrote:I've gotten a few things from Enjoying Teas. They seem to get stuff that's on the lower end of mid grade, but for good prices. While I haven't gotten any of their tetsubins, I've generally been pretty happy with their stuff for the price. I love their little sample tins :)
Me too. My wife bought me a porcelain pot and 5 cup set last year and I have absolutely no complaints. Love the set, prices and shipping.

Dec 29th, '08, 09:52

by Chip » Dec 29th, '08, 09:52

I wish vendors would post more info on their products such as tetsubins since they are so variable. Usually, if a vendor is selling Iwachu, they are quick to proclaim its pedigre, but if it is a Joyce Chen or other similar, we hear nothing, and where is it made, the lower priced versions are often made in China. That is OK, but the info woud be nice to know up front.

One vendor, forget who off hand, sells Iwachu, but also sells lower end as well. They are quick to point out the lesser priced ones are made in China.

The more info a vendor provides, the easier it is to compare apples to apples instead of the seemingly smoke and mirrors we are often subjected to.

Just sayin' ...

Heh, looking at the photos on Enjoyingteas site, even the infusers that come with the tetsubins looks cheaply made.

Dec 29th, '08, 11:04

by chamekke » Dec 29th, '08, 11:04

Somewhere on my hard drive, I saved some photos of the main manufacturers' stamps (Iwachu etc.) so that if I was looking at a second-hand article, I could identify who made it.

I wonder if there would be any value in a pinned topic on tetsubin to capture such things.

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

+ Post Reply