Online stores

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Dec 25th, '08, 21:39
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Dec 25th, '08, 21:39

The best advice is to advanced search using the search icon in the top left of this forum, or ask about specific vendors here. Most likely you will get a response from someone who has tried almost any vendor.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Dec 26th, '08, 11:27

Chinese Greens

by whorton5 » Dec 26th, '08, 11:27

We have developed a taste for Chinese Greens thanks to Adagio's samplers. For reasonable prices for a semi-newbie palate, where are the best places to buy Chinese greens, especially ones like Pi Lo Chun, Dragonwell, and the Anji (forgive my spelling).? We liked ten tea's selection, but are hesitant to order from them without knowing what to order, and if the company is reputable. Any advice?

By the way - interested in Japanese also...please PM or post a recommendation.

Dec 26th, '08, 23:55

by SciFi09 » Dec 26th, '08, 23:55

eanglin wrote:Spotted a new-is vendor on Ebay.
http://stores.ebay.com/Gingko-Bay-Tea-T ... asstQQtZkm

Ordered a green tea sample pack and some of their traditional roast oolong and, I kid you not, the tea was shilled the same day I placed my order- got it the next day. (MA to MI)

Beautiful tea- gorgeous long whole leaves especially on the Monkey king and yellow mountain peak tea.

Haven't been able to sit down and try any yet, but if it tastes half as good as it looks, it should be dreamy.

Small criticism on the packaging- the heavy mylar envelopes have been folded over and stapled instead of heat sealed- I'll need to drink these samples up soon. (Shouldn't be a problem!)

Anyone else purchased from this vendor? They seem to be small, perhaps just getting started.

If anyone has any advice on getting the most out of these samples please share
I have; \
Yellow Mountain Peak Green Tea (Huang Shan Mao Feng)
Melon Seeds Green Tea (Loo Ann Gua Pian)
Tune Creek Green Tea (Tune Loo)
Shu Chung Small Orchid Green Tea
Monkey King Green Tea (Tai Ping Hou Kui)
Lao Zhu Da Fang
Surprised to see 3 pages of posts on my initial post about online stores. Thank you all for recommendations. I added additional stores to my initial list and can re-post if there's an interest. Again, can anyone recommend reliable ebay stores?

Dec 28th, '08, 00:10

Indecisive

by whorton5 » Dec 28th, '08, 00:10

Being unable to decide, I ordered one order from O-Cha and one from Teaspring. Thanks for the recommendations.

Dec 30th, '08, 21:17

has anyone tried here?

by iannon » Dec 30th, '08, 21:17

amazing-green-tea.com

i was looking at getting some of their jilpin grade Longjing from westlake

+ Post Reply